htownswag Posted April 28, 2009 Report Posted April 28, 2009 hi im new to the forum by the way.Anyway i got a 1999 firebird v6 i need help with what size ho alternator i need and batteries and such.First off i got 2 mtx 9500's 12's dual subs and i got a custom ported box for them.i also got a 2009 memphis mojo 2500 watt amp 1ohms stable.I did the big 3 already i got 1 deep cycle battery under the hood.and i got a pioneer avh-p5100dvd for indash.i still got to get highs and mids for my car so i got to get a 4 channel amp.so maybe a total of 2800rms including the 4 channel amp.so my question is what size ho alternator i need and what kind of batteries and do i need anything else to keep my voltage up .please help thanks Quote
Guest KyleCannon Posted April 28, 2009 Report Posted April 28, 2009 Personally I would go with the biggest alt you can throw in there. Not only does this put less stress on the alt in the long run, it will give you headroom to have your system grow in the future. I would say throwing either a XS Power D3100 or a Kinetik HC2400 in the back would suffice well enough. My system is in my sig and I only have one battery and it holds up very well considering that I only have one. If you need a quote on an alt, I can get you one from DC Power. Send me a PM with what you want to pay and I will get back to ya. Also, other alternator companies on here are Irragi and Mechman. I don't have experience with them but there are plenty of threads on here about peoples experiences. Anyways, let us know Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.