Sonic Electronix

ok guys heres amp question and don't think im crazy or slow for asking all these amp questions. just i like to do alot of research b4 i fully commit my money. so ive now been looking into the hifonics XXVCOLOSSUS and i was wondering would it be safe to run on of its channels to each voice coil on a 18in fi btl. if so would i be better off gettin a dual 1 so that each channel would put out 1600 to each coil at 1 ohm? and if its not safe(which id completely understand) how would you wire the a dual 2 or dual 1 to get a 2 ohm load from the 2 channels bridged? i know this might sound stupid but i really like to know all i can b4 i make my next move.

and thanx to any and all who will entertain my questions

Edited by dabackwoodboy

any particular reason y nt to

It is very Power Hungry, and unless you got a really good electrical, it is gonna go into protect alot, I would personally go with the Rockford T40001bd, you might have to turn it down just a bit, if you dont have the fully loaded BTL, but if it is fully loaded it should handle it if your box is built right, I believe it is the same amp steve uses with his BTL's in his Tahoe.

It may be more than the Hifonics, but it is a hell of alot more effecient in producing power.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7771_R...LOSEOUT+--.html

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Captain are you seriously telling him not to buy the hifonics because it is power hungry, but instead you say to get a RF T4k? Like seriously right now?

x2 :blink: :blink: :blink:

you'll be hard pressed to find an amp more power hungry than a t4k. They're awesome amps, but pull a shit ton of current.

Edited by 01xtreme

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

It is very Power Hungry, and unless you got a really good electrical, it is gonna go into protect alot, I would personally go with the Rockford T40001bd, you might have to turn it down just a bit, if you dont have the fully loaded BTL, but if it is fully loaded it should handle it if your box is built right, I believe it is the same amp steve uses with his BTL's in his Tahoe.

It may be more than the Hifonics, but it is a hell of alot more effecient in producing power.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7771_R...LOSEOUT+--.html

it being power hungry isnt really a concern im in the process of getting it ready to supply tons of juice with a 300 amp ho alt a 1400 kinetic under the hood and 2 2400's by the amp so thats really not an issue and as far as the t4k goes its a lil out of my price rang at the moment, and i can get the hifonics for around 600 so im really leaning in that direction im jus confused on how it can be wired safely and witch would be better for it a dual 1 or 2

x2 :blink: :blink: :blink:

you'll be hard pressed to find an amp more power hungry than a t4k. They're awesome amps, but pull a shit ton of current.

Ok you got me on that one, I thought he was looking for an amp in the 4-5K range, I had just said that amp cause it does rated wattage and then some,it leaves him room to upgrade, plus it was on sale, and for only about 400 dollars more, he would have an extra couple thousand watts. I always overkill to save........

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.