Sonic Electronix

It looks like your fine with the subs to the roof, but it looks like your port/box is too close to the hatch. how much room is there from the hatch to the port?

Edit: when the hatch is closed.

Edited by Duvanator

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

It looks like your fine with the subs to the roof, but it looks like your port/box is too close to the hatch. how much room is there from the hatch to the port?

Edit: when the hatch is closed.

the back of the hatch is curved, so at the most in the middle would be 3", and I know that is to little, but i dont pound the subs for my daily use, when in a comp, i push the box up towards the front of the car, then I have almost 9".

my back seats are angled, so that is why I have the box the way i do...seats go down, and I have that extra 6" of room to use.

yeah that seems to be a little to small, how wide is your port? i've always heard that you should have at minimum your port width away from your hatch

head unit - Panasonic MXE CQ-C7403U

amp - Cerwin-Vega EXL 1200D

subs - (x2) Cerwin Vega V-MAX 15.4

box - 5.8 ^3 at 32hz

spkrs- Phoenix Gold Rsd Comps

yeah that seems to be a little to small, how wide is your port? i've always heard that you should have at minimum your port width away from your hatch

ya, I heard that to, example...6" deep port, should be 6" away from the nearest obstruction....

mine is 6" deep.....but to get the cubic ft i needed for the subs, I had to sacrifice the room for the port...but the port is 39.25" wide, so it can breath ok under normal listening....i would think...