Sonic Electronix

Aite guys like the title says this is my first system. I want to start out small till i get another vehicle. Im workin with

a 88 chevy silverado single cab. Was thinkin about just puttin 2 8s behind the seat, 2 speakers for the doors and i guess a 4 channel amp.

My questions are-

What the best cheap Sub, amp, and speakers?

What capacitor should i get?

Will a 4 channel amp work?

Recommended size of doors speakers to match the 8s?

Thanks for any help anyone has.

Temp. Daily Beat

94 Ford Ranger

JL 10W1v2-4 Ported

Dual 460W

Soon to come

SUNDOWN!!!

You can get kicker subs fairly cheap and for the money, they are good quality. If budget is a real issue, try looking on ebay at refurbished kicker amps or used amps. My little cousion got his first car not too long ago and i hooked him up with an older L5 15 and a kx 400.1 for under 350 bucks shipped. all we had to do to get that thing bumpin was to thow it in a decent box and he was good to go. As for capacitor, i would just use that money to try and get a decent battery of some sort and enough wire to run from your battery to your amps and of course, the Big 3.

Build in progress:

Kenwood DNX890HD

Rockford Fosgate White wolf RCA's

2 Rockford Fosgate T400.4 on RF fanatic q components (6.5 in the kick, 6.5 in the front doors, 5.25 in rear doors)
2 Rockford Fosgate T2500's on sub

1 Fi car audio Team 15 D1

XS Power D3400 and three D975's in the rear

Mechman Elite 370

Stinger power connections and cable

RockFord_Fosgate-1-1.png

some pioneer six and a halfs and pioneer 10's in a prefab box should be fairly cheap could also do a crunch amp they are cheap and work good

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Thanks both of you, i was looking around and i found this combo

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14670_...+08ZX300.1.html

then ill just get some used speakers for the doors, will that amp be enough? I also plan on doin the big three.

Im new to systems so sorry for my noob shit but if i get a good battery and run my amp straight to it i dont need a cap?

Temp. Daily Beat

94 Ford Ranger

JL 10W1v2-4 Ported

Dual 460W

Soon to come

SUNDOWN!!!

Caps really don't do a whole lot. If you have a good battery you should be fine.

That amp would only push the subs. You could run your doors off the head unit or buy a small 2 channel amp for them, but with 150 watts of bass behind them, the head unit should be more than sufficient IMO

Which reminds me, do you have a head unit already? or do you have the stock radio?

Edited by ktownsdriftking

Too many projects, too little time...

Does it have a brand name or model number on it?

Either way I think that should be fine for running your speakers. If it doesn't have RCA pre-outs on the back then you may have to get creative for getting signal to your subs though.

You will also need a wiring kit for the amp. You could buy one when you buy your sub and amp from Sonic, I think they do a package discount. Be careful with the wire though, you get what you pay for. If you don't plan on upgrading, 8 gauge would be fine; if you do, go big son. As far as 8 gauge goes I have had good luck with Rockford Fosgate wire, I have a run in my car and it worked great running as much as 340 watts RMS.

If you buy an amp kit you should get power and ground wire, remote turn on wire and a pair of RCAs, and sometimes some speaker wire. If any of these things aren't in the kit you need to buy them.

I don't think you need to change or add anything to you car with this pack. It's not so hard.

Im new to systems so sorry for my noob shit

That's why i luv this forum. ppl just helping you w/o asking useless questions. I've learned so much in a week i'm registered here... ))

Good ppl here and noone playing smartass... ))

im a tree hugging faggot who enjoys long penis with a side of whipped cream if you know what i mean

Does it have a brand name or model number on it?

Either way I think that should be fine for running your speakers. If it doesn't have RCA pre-outs on the back then you may have to get creative for getting signal to your subs though.

You will also need a wiring kit for the amp. You could buy one when you buy your sub and amp from Sonic, I think they do a package discount. Be careful with the wire though, you get what you pay for. If you don't plan on upgrading, 8 gauge would be fine; if you do, go big son. As far as 8 gauge goes I have had good luck with Rockford Fosgate wire, I have a run in my car and it worked great running as much as 340 watts RMS.

If you buy an amp kit you should get power and ground wire, remote turn on wire and a pair of RCAs, and sometimes some speaker wire. If any of these things aren't in the kit you need to buy them.

As far as brand not sure right now, but i got a buddy that owns a towing company and all the cars that get signed over to them,the system is considered apart of the car so they have alot of shit out of vehicles. Ima hit him up and see what decks he has laying around, thats no prob there.

As far as upgrading the system i wont be for this truck. So i think 8 gauge might work. But you said its good for running as much as 340 watts RMS. It cant run anymore than that? Or am i not understanding what are you sayin there.

So far this is what i have in mind so far, lmk what you think-

Kicker 10'' CompVT 07CVT104

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8582_K...T+07CVT104.html

OR

10'' Kicker 07TCVT102 w/ box

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8750_K...+07TCVT102.html

Crunch Amp GPV 1000.4 (GPV1000.4)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17500_...GPV1000.4-.html

-Decent Speakers (new or used)

-Ill either make my own box or have the my local shop fab one up.

-Ill get a decent battery.

-Big Three

-All the wiring

Edited by RED352

Temp. Daily Beat

94 Ford Ranger

JL 10W1v2-4 Ported

Dual 460W

Soon to come

SUNDOWN!!!

As far as brand not sure right now, but i got a buddy that owns a towing company and all the cars that get signed over to them,the system is considered apart of the car so they have alot of shit out of vehicles. Ima hit him up and see what decks he has laying around, thats no prob there.

As far as upgrading the system i wont be for this truck. So i think 8 gauge might work. But you said its good for running as much as 340 watts RMS. It cant run anymore than that? Or am i not understanding what are you sayin there.

So far this is what i have in mind so far, lmk what you think-

Kicker 10'' CompVT 07CVT104

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8582_K...T+07CVT104.html

Crunch Amp GPV 1000.4 (GPV1000.4)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17500_...GPV1000.4-.html

-Decent Speakers (new or used)

-Ill either make my own box or have the my local shop fab one up.

-Ill get a decent battery.

-Big Three

-All the wiring

340w is the most I ever tried to pull out of mine and it did it without problems. I'm sure it could do more.

That amp and sub should do really well as well. Sonic recommends 4 gauge power wire for that amp though. I don't know how accurate their recommendations are but if you run 250 watts to the sub and the 62ish watts to each speaker I THINK (don't quote me) you could probably get away with 8 gauge. 4 gauge would be good insurance though IMO.