Sonic Electronix

I have an old kicker 1200.1 amplifier but I'm not sure what Ohm stability it has and I'm wanting to buy an Fi BL 18" dual 1 ohm. My question is what could happen if I wired the dual 1 ohm woofer up to my amp and my amp isnt 1 ohm stable? And how can I find out if my amp is?

I have an old kicker 1200.1 amplifier but I'm not sure what Ohm stability it has and I'm wanting to buy an Fi BL 18" dual 1 ohm. My question is what could happen if I wired the dual 1 ohm woofer up to my amp and my amp isnt 1 ohm stable? And how can I find out if my amp is?

Your amp is 1 ohm stable and if you're getting a BTL and want to run it @ 1 ohm get the dual 2 ohm then wire as so-

12ohmdvc1ohm.gif

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Thank you Nova. How did you find out if the amp was 1 ohm stable ? its an older model maybe 5 years old!

Google. Says it's rated @ 1 ohm. If you can get the part number of the amp I could double check for you.

stop making sense you'll kill the argument.

Earth, you feel me?

You aren't loud enough to be felt.

Google. Says it's rated @ 1 ohm. If you can get the part number of the amp I could double check for you.

I couldnt locate the part number on it. The only thing I can read is the KX 1200.1 ; It does have some small bar code thingy on the under side with a 10 digit-ish number....

ok guys, d2 18" bl ordered and i just finished building the box. my phone is messing up atm so im unable to upload the pics of the finished box minus woofer. but here is the exact specs of what i built.

picture1c.gif

i have a question as this is the first time ive built a slot ported box....

where would be the best place to cut the hole for my woofer? right in the center of the face place? or closer to the opposite end of the port?

likethis.gif