Okay so ima turn this build from just a system build to the full SUV build. So for those of you who have blazer the back window trim on the outside that plastic what is the best way to paint that because mine got all messed up from the sun.. Also i know this sounds dumb but if anyone has extra secondskin or dynomat pm me.

Okay so ima turn this build from just a system build to the full SUV build. So for those of you who have blazer the back window trim on the outside that plastic what is the best way to paint that because mine got all messed up from the sun.. Also i know this sounds dumb but if anyone has extra secondskin or dynomat pm me.

I will knock out 2 birds with 1 stone here...sorta.

1st..... the interior painting. I know you replied to my sticky on this forum about it. But if you were to go to fiberglass forums via the banner below, I have a detailed How-To with pic and painting on this process in the Fabrication How-To section. It is titled a Dash How-To but includes other interior panels also. And yes, you have to sign up to view it, but it is worth it. It is even a Blazer I did.

2nd..... the plastic around the back windows. Treat it like the plastics on the interior, with 1 slight addition. After cleaning and sanding it down, use an etching primer on it and then spray a high build primer to smooth it out. It is what I did on mine and was still good when I sold it some 6 years later.

normal_EPICENTERDESIGNS_128.gif

Building The Best.....Repairing The Rest

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer

than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Archived