I currently own a 2002 hyundai sonata with a HO alt. and im acquiring a 98 pathfinder, do you guys think i should wait and save up the $ for an alternator for it too? i plan on buying one, but money is an issue ATM. my bud is telling me that the 80 amp relay/isolator will hold me over(he has give or take 4-5k wrms running on a stock alt in his car) until i get what i need. should i just wait to transfer my stuff over? i guess its not that big of a deal but i feel an addiction to bass.. lol. my hyundai has been turned into a metal death trap yet because of the bump factor i would take it over the pathfinder (for now). thanks!

edit: and when i say he is running that much power, he obviously isnt. his amplifier is just rated for that much. i just dont want to damage anything in my new car right when i get it.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

what stock charging system is gonna support 4-5k watts? id save up for a ho alt

Edited by t-money

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

what stock charging system is gonna support 4-5k watts? id save up for a ho alt

well see thats what i dont understand, i feel like his alt is under constant strain and it works just fine for him. i am not trying to take the easy way out but in the mean time i would like to have a sub.. lol. i just dont want to break parts :( and im not sure why i didnt post this in the alt. section?

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

id put somethin small in there for now like 500 watts maybe. i just dont see him running a real 4-5k watts on a stock electrical. the math just dont add up.just wondering what amps does he have

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056

id put somethin small in there for now like 500 watts maybe. i just dont see him running a real 4-5k watts on a stock electrical. the math just dont add up.just wondering what amps does he have

he works at an audio shop that sells MTX/orion audio equipment. im sorry 4-5k was an exaggeration, he is running a MTX thunder elite 40001D i believe, powering 2 orion HCCA 15's. i know he isnt pushing that much power, thats just what he boasts. i dont see how it works, but his alt hasnt shit out on him yet.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

well do he probably has a good amount of batts?if not then that amp would shit itself if he play too long..

he has 1 walmart battery in the trunk.. i dont understand it.

edit: and ive seen it.. not only does he have the 40001D but he has a MTX amp for his mids/highs, pushing what he says to be 150wrms to each of his 4 speakers.

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

He's probably running it a 4 ohm or something. Only thing that I can think of or it would've gone up in smoke by now.

well he originally had it on 1 HCCA dual 4ohm.. so @ a 2 ohm load. then he got the 2 15's... i have 1 12 on a 2010D and i could tell his was not just 1000wrms... its so confusing. so anyways, should i just wire my sub for 4 ohms right now? that sounds like the best bet, i hadnt thought about that before.

wizv.jpg

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

well he originally had it on 1 HCCA dual 4ohm.. so @ a 2 ohm load. then he got the 2 15's... i have 1 12 on a 2010D and i could tell his was not just 1000wrms... its so confusing. so anyways, should i just wire my sub for 4 ohms right now? that sounds like the best bet, i hadnt thought about that before.

ok well here is what id do. first dont listen to your friend. if he is running that amp with 1 walmart bat and he is boasting about 4k with stock electrical he is a tard and shouldnt be around a car. he SHOULD no better than that and SHOULD no what he needs to have in his car to run that amp at rms. 2nd. save up and get a bigger alt. till then dont go over a 500 watt system. it will just give u more reason to save and get louder

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

479-418-3056