Sundown Audio

Magic SPL Dust

Steph3n1

It does look like the bottom right cap has expanded on the top. This partion of the amp is the power supply. It is possible that the cap has deteriated over time and just went bad. In my experience with amp repairs, something always causes the cap to overload and short.

You can take my advise with a grain of salt here.

If it was my amp, I would remove that 1 cap, and bench the amp without a load or input, just to see if it will sustain operation. Going any further than that would require measuring components to fine the part that has caused the failure.

90% of the time, it is always MOSFETS or FETS in the power supply, but without measuring, it is hard to say.

Good luck.

well it will still turn on i know that much but it scared the hell outta me so i just turned everything off as fast as possible

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

well it will still turn on i know that much but it scared the hell outta me so i just turned everything off as fast as possible

Unfortunately, the damage is done. Once a component is damaged it will cause a voltage/current imbalance with the rest of the circuit. I would not recommend reconnecting the amp until it can be checked or it could damage other components in the circuit.

Unfortunately, the damage is done. Once a component is damaged it will cause a voltage/current imbalance with the rest of the circuit. I would not recommend reconnecting the amp until it can be checked or it could damage other components in the circuit.

yea. do you or anyone know around how much it would cost to get this thing repaired at a shop.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)