Sonic Electronix

a 2 channel will work fine...i do it all the time on a box thats 4 ohms...run a 2 channel bridged to get all the power out of it. rockford 500-1 and 500-2 are about the same price, but if i'm stuck with a 4ohm load, the 500-2 gives all the power, at the same cost, at a higher impedance.

downside is that most 2 channels are a/b class while mono's are d-class, which is more efficient and really matters when you get to bigger amps.

that said, you wouldnt believe how many people tell me to bridge my monoblock to get more power, i guess back in the day bridging an amp was the cool thing to do before true mono's were available and that idea just stuck around...like calling recievers "decks", which uised to refer to the fact that it contained a tape deck and not just a radio, but the terminology stuck around long after tape decks did.

do 2 tens or 1 12. get components up front and coax rears(im a big fan of pioneer d-series and boston sr series). doing 2 10's in an optimal box will be louder and sound better than 2 12's being choked. buy the reciever and amps from an authorized dealer because if something was to happen the warrantee will save your ass (and companies like pioneer and kenwood have dealer-only lines with a better warrantee)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

we need to know what speakers, what tweeters, and i dont know how your gonna fit 2 12" l7's in that trunk when they need a huge box and the trunk of that thing is small as hell.

i suggest 2 10's like nfsplayer said. what are you looking for though, SPL or SQ. they are 2 totally different categories.

Right know i'm looking at rocksford fosgate speakers and tweeters, dont know which ones yet, but those are what i'm looking at, and i'm looking to do SPL.

2001 Dodge Ram

you can put 2 DC lvl3/lvl4 coils with 1 sundown 1500d. It would be perfect for your car.

this way you can get alternator, batteries, subs amp, wire's for under $2000

Thanks, and like i said i'm very new to car audio, so i only know how to wire a very simple system up, can some one explain to me how you would wire a system up that has 2 batteries, higher output altenator, 2 amps, deck, 4 speakers, and 2 tweeters, i know it cant be that hard.

2001 Dodge Ram

Thanks, and like i said i'm very new to car audio, so i only know how to wire a very simple system up, can some one explain to me how you would wire a system up that has 2 batteries, higher output altenator, 2 amps, deck, 4 speakers, and 2 tweeters, i know it cant be that hard.

your h.o alt will wire just like it is only use 0 guage wire for the big 3. then a run of 0 guage runs from the positive on the front batt to the positive on the rear batt. and all 0 guage for grounds. you can use a d block to go down to what ever size power wire your amps will accept. do a little more research just to keep getting more familiar on some of this stuff before you try to do it.

1998 jeep grand cherokee

future teardown and rebuild:

2-15.4 orion hcca's

sub amp undecided

2 sets of components

1-concept amp (mids/highs)

undecided h.o. alt

2-yellow tops

your h.o alt will wire just like it is only use 0 guage wire for the big 3. then a run of 0 guage runs from the positive on the front batt to the positive on the rear batt. and all 0 guage for grounds. you can use a d block to go down to what ever size power wire your amps will accept. do a little more research just to keep getting more familiar on some of this stuff before you try to do it.

you have to run positive and negative from front to back batteries.

where do you live, maybe some on local can help you out.

Ok thanks, so then would i hook up the power from my amps to the front batterie or the rear batterie?

you have to run positive and negative from front to back batteries.

where do you live, maybe some on local can help you out.

I live in las vegas.

2001 Dodge Ram

Ok thanks, so then would i hook up the power from my amps to the front batterie or the rear batterie?

I live in las vegas.

rear batt. and have the rear batt grounded to the front batt, to the amp, and to the frame to ensure you wont have any future problems.

rear batt. and have the rear batt grounded to the front batt, to the amp, and to the frame to ensure you wont have any future problems.

Alright thanks when you mean grounded to the front batterie do you just mean a negative lead going from the front batterie to the back batterie and then just ground the amps to the frame? Also could i hook up a tweeter and speaker to the same channel?

Edited by Ryan k.

2001 Dodge Ram