Sell amp that you have now for a new one?

Well the title is kinda confusing so let me explain. Right now the amp I have is kinda under powering my subs so I want to upgrade. Well the thing is, if I upgrade I have to sell the amp I'm running now so that means no bass for the time being because I would need to save up a little longer after it sold to afford a new one. But anyways do you guy's think I should do it, Like is it worth going with out bass for a couple weeks? Cause right now since I'm under powering them they are clipping, so thats not safe and sounds like shit obviously.

So do you guy's think I should do it?

Thanks!

Edited by brsteinbach

2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s

4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz

Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200

Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

f05112e8-c6ca-4f78-9a8d-47be99303c8b_zps

Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....

Why are you letting the amp clip? It depends how much you are underpowering them, if they can handle 2x what you're throwing at them, I would not be worried about clipping. But on the topic, why not just save up for the new amp, till you have close to enough THEN sell your amp and have enough money for the new amp? You wouldn't go but maybe a day without bass..unless you are buying it offline, then just a few days.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Why are you letting the amp clip? It depends how much you are underpowering them, if they can handle 2x what you're throwing at them, I would not be worried about clipping. But on the topic, why not just save up for the new amp, till you have close to enough THEN sell your amp and have enough money for the new amp? You wouldn't go but maybe a day without bass..unless you are buying it offline, then just a few days.

Well I'm "letting" it clip cause I am trying to get as much as I can out of it but that is making it clip. I'm no noob at this so don't hate. But anyways I don't have a job right now and I'm 17 so the only way I make my money is installing HU's and amps and subs so I would need to sell this one to make up for the difference. Also I would be buying it offline to save a little dough.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

honestly if it was me and did not have a real job. I would just wait till i could find a way to save the money. That way your not stuck for months without bass at all.

94 lincoln mark viii

h/u: kenwood kvt 614 Excelon

comps: alpine type x

amps: mtx 1501d mtx 4004

sub:2 DC lv4 12

wiring jl audio 0awg 8 awg sub

jl audio 4 awg for mid and highs amp

myspace.com/kylecm85

carstereolexington.com

Well the title is kinda confusing so let me explain. Right now the amp I have is kinda under powering my subs so I want to upgrade. Well the thing is, if I upgrade I have to sell the amp I'm running now so that means no base for the time being because I would need to save up a little longer after it sold to afford a new one. But anyways do you guy's think I should do it, Like is it worth going with out bass for a couple weeks? Cause right now since I'm under powering them they are clipping, so thats not safe and sounds like shit obviously.

So do you guy's think I should do it?

Thanks!

well Im not sure what "base" is..haha jk. but why dont you save some money first then sell the amp so your can by a new amp right away?

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

well Im not sure what "base" is..haha jk. but why dont you save some money first then sell the amp so your can by a new amp right away?

Dammit, Proof reading > Me.

Good point. I only need $20 more to make up for the difference and I'm going to install a HU in a couple days so... Your pretty much saying go for it?

Edited by brsteinbach

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord

Dammit, Proof reading > Me.

Good point. I only need $20 more to make up for the difference and I'm going to install a HU in a couple days so... Your pretty much saying go for it?

Yea man. just get the $20 first so you can sell your amp and by a new one right after.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Ok. I know It was a dumb topic but I just wanted someones opinion.

Thanks guy's.

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492

4 and 8 Gauge Knu

Big III In 1/0

All in my 90 Accord