Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer/enclosure/amp recommendations

First i want to say, no offense to steve meade, or anyone else...but....I was wating to get some advice on this setup :

I have 1 jl12w7 in HO Wedge box

i need any suggestions on amps..I am really liking the rockford T1000-1. Can i use 4 gauge wiring with this amp/system setup? And also is it okay to use capacitors? I have heard both good and bad things. I was going to upgrade my battery under the hood to a optima red top. Cant afford the yellow top, and i am not sure i will have this setup.

I have a 2004 pontiac sunfire 2 door, i have not installed the sub/box yet, do you guys think this box will fit? and dos the jl live up to its hype? I am not looking to do competions or compete with friends, i just found a great deal on this sub in the box and i had to get it. Let me know what you think about my setup or anything, taking all recommendations. I have a pioneer 6900ub headunit. I already have 8 gauge wiring throught out, its power acoustic wiring. could i use this 8 gauge with a ref series 600watt mono amp?

Arent Yellow Tops like 20-40 more then red tops ? I could be wrong.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Okay i will use the 4 gauge on the amp. And this guy was using the 600 watt amp to push the sub, was that safe? and is it safe to still use that amp until i can afford the bigger amp?

The yellow top at my local auto shop is : 225.99

and the rep top is : 155.99

not much difference, but what do you suggest? since i do not want to upgrade alternators, and i mean i do not really want a 1000 wat amp, i am not looking to ground pound, although i am 20yrs old, but i just want enough bass, i was looking at the kicker 750.1, and the jl 500/1, i heard that the 500/1 underpowers the sub, and would burn up the coils..but i got a friend that is using a 500/1 on a 13w7, it beats, but im not sure what its doing inside that box..could be tearing shit up..

Just wanted to say thanks for the quick posts! :

just saying a yellow top is gonna except the abuse better because its a deep cycle battery, ur red top will fail sooner, as long as ur running an amp that actually puts out rated power and ur not over powering the sub u should be fine, just because ur running under RMS doesnt mean its gonna screw ur sub up.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017