Sonic Electronix

COPPER IS COPPER. I don't understand how hard it is for so many people to know you don't use "brand name" wire. Its like using $50+ RCA wires.

i know that wire is wire but he said the jacket is soft. thats what i was touching on

NEW ORLEANS SLAP

Alpine CDE-103BT

2 12'' JL Audio W3v3-4

Hifonics HIF1500.1

as long as that outer casing can handle heat good i say go for it.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

wire is wire

make sure its AWG2 and not like south korean 2g, cuz they use different standards (find the mm^2 and compare to name brands)

strand count is flexibility, but if you can get that shit through, it doesnt matter if its 1 strand or 150000

copper is preffered, CCA is second, anything else stay away from.

and as far as rca's, its hard to tell the difference from two primary wires twisted together with rca ends on it, and that 5000$ pear cable. dont let marketing hype and customer reviews from idiots make you disregard science and common sense.

THank you. Someone that isn't raytarded. :D

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

i can get thick strands or thin strands, hard jacket or soft jacket...pretty much anything i want. i work for an industrial electrical company. the sky is the limit. i can even run a bundle of 100 14 awg wires if i want.

a lot of the stuff we use is for wiring 480vac panels with 30a - 600a mains. this stuff has thicker strands for better current flow (less heat loss) and it doesnt need to be flexible. we also have super flexible cables meant for wiring conveyor motors in industrial applications.

what i gather from reading this post is as long as i can get the wire in place and the jacket can handle the heat i should be fine.

2010 Rav4

Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 v.3 (2)

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

A couple layers of Second Skin

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

i can get thick strands or thin strands, hard jacket or soft jacket...pretty much anything i want. i work for an industrial electrical company. the sky is the limit. i can even run a bundle of 100 14 awg wires if i want.

a lot of the stuff we use is for wiring 480vac panels with 30a - 600a mains. this stuff has thicker strands for better current flow (less heat loss) and it doesnt need to be flexible. we also have super flexible cables meant for wiring conveyor motors in industrial applications.

what i gather from reading this post is as long as i can get the wire in place and the jacket can handle the heat i should be fine.

yes, maybe your interested in trowing some 14awg my way?

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

lazyme, youre def right

but check the actual area of the wire, i've seen "0gauge" insdustrial wire that was more akin to 4awg automotive wire, stiffness and difficulty to work with aside, it was just plain smaller. i know its a ghetto half assed way of doing it, but if you get crimp on terminals, they are made that 0g will slide in. Stuff like knu/rockford/monster/stinger xpert is a BITCH to get in, alot of twsiting and cursing and strands sticking out (unless you use the tape trick ;) ). cheap wiring, like raptor, cheesier tsunami, power acousik wire, etc slides in with room to spare (as does good 4g....)

so grab a crimp on terminal, strip back some of your wire, and see how it fits. if there's wiggle room i'd be concerned, if its hard to fit in there youre fine. I know its not exact, but its kind of a rule of thumb to help you out a bit (and as someone who has seen damn near every wire on the market, its pretty consistant).

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

I just looked on our shelf and we have all kinds of fun crap. The jackets are soft, but thick so even our 3/0 wire can make super tight turns.

From the looks of it there is a perfect spool of 2awg with about 20 ft left on it hiding in the back...if it is the same size as auto wire I will be using that. Just did a side by side with some 4awg RF i had laying around...2awg is proper size

If not time to get into the 1/0 and 2/0 to see if it is sized the same as automotive wire.

thanks for your help raytard

Edited by lazyme

2010 Rav4

Image Dynamics IDQ10 D4 v.3 (2)

ID XS65 Components

ID CTX6

2 Farad Cap

ID Q 450.4

ID Q 600.1

Kenwood KIV-BT900

A couple layers of Second Skin

First system in years and looking for good advice. Starting small and hoping to grow!!!

Ya seriously, people that get caught up with having to have name-brand stuff, sometimes are not the brightest. I've had a few freinds run thick ass house wire through there car...haha...lol I laughed so hard after they texted me and told me to come over and see there new 0gauge. But you know what? It still powered the amp efficiently and did not clip. It didn't melt or anything either. It was impossible to work with and really hard to strip the insulator coating off it but it worked and it was free! They found it at a old house that was getting gutted.