Sonic Electronix

Ok... im really confused on what will be louder?

I don't know how you can create an opinion on whether a company over or underrates their equipment. You can really only prove it by testing it, which would mean you have shown that it's fact, not opinion. Just because you trust the companies and have heard good things, doesn't mean they underrate their equipment. I think you should re-think that theory.

You'll probably be fine with the clipping, though. That sub is rated to handle more power then what you are giving it, so lesser power that is clipped a little will probably be fine.

Just fyi, V6 and I6 are different. That's the distinction I was making. Not to fight, just saying. Straight 6 (aka I6) means all the cylinders are in a line. V6 means they are arranged in a V shape with 3 cylinders on one side of the engine block, and 3 on the other. But yes, that engine is good. I have a 95 GC and my engine has over 200,000 miles and it's still running strong.

as468x60pxbanner.gif

My Youtube Page. Check it out

The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993

Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components

Q-logic 6.5" kick pods

CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass

Kicker ZX350.4

Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA

Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap

7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz

Sundown SAZ-1000D

Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt

Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg

Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors

LOL.... It's either inline six or v six.. Can't be both.

The thing about clipping is it may not hurt your system now, but eventually it'll get to it. Not to mention, your system won't get any quieter without the clipping. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there's a gain in there somewhere. Clipping is just hard on your sub. It makes the sub work harder and heats up the voice coil more. So over time, you'll start smelling your woofer because the enamel coating on the voice coil is slowly wearing away due to the heat. Who am I to tell you this though? Just another name on the internet like fritos.

My question is are your gains maxed out? Bass boost maxed out? What the Subsonic set at? How about the low pass? What deck do you have?

I'd put the kicker 750 over the MRP-850 any day. Kicker makes some nice amps. Only complaint about them is the low pass doesn't go low enough. I ran a zx1000 for a while... Loved it.

Edited by JDirty96

i had a 15 inch alpine type r of a lil 500rms bazooka amp in the trunk of a lumina then put it in a 94 jeep grand cherokee(same body style as the red one u got)and i honestly could not believe it was the same system. I dont know if it was cause the electrical in the jeep was stronger or what but i gained about 6 db just from going from one vehicle to another. I was actually gettin alot of attention from it. It was also in a lil pre fab box but that shit hit. The amp was clamped and actually did over 500rms tho. Going from a trunk(not sealed off) to a hatch or suv will always be louder. I hope this helps with the question you was trying to ask

for future reference this is the EXACT answer I was looking for... He didnt condescend he was straight forward and in detail notice:

He has about the same year vehicle (body etc. hell even color)

going from a Sedan about the SAME size as mine

running about equal wattage

and he claims a 6dB increase? hell even 3dB increase is awesome for just a vehicle switch.. yes maybe our results will be very different since he might have had a different box (note his is a prefab too, see the detail there?) so imo, judging from his posts I mayyyy be getting my hopes up, but atleast he was nice enough to give me some type of idea and comparision EXACTLY what I was looking for lol gnite all no hard feelings... until next time!

what i still dont understand is how a 450watt @14.4 volt amp can put out 600rms with a stock alternator and stock lead acid battery.... imo... NOT POSSIBLE!!! i dont care if your car charges at 14.5 volts... i guarantee that your voltage drops below 13 volts after just a few seconds... to even get the full 450rms you would have to be able to maintain 14.4 volts with voltage drop....

so are you saying that you only have .1 voltage drop with stock electrical?

you would have to run like 16 volts constant to get 600rms out of that amp!

but hey... what do i know?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

what i still dont understand is how a 450watt @14.4 volt amp can put out 600rms with a stock alternator and stock lead acid battery.... imo... NOT POSSIBLE!!! i dont care if your car charges at 14.5 volts... i guarantee that your voltage drops below 13 volts after just a few seconds... to even get the full 450rms you would have to be able to maintain 14.4 volts with voltage drop....

His buddy did the calculations and probably forgot to add in the ~80% efficiency factor that most amps have.... Take away 20% from 600 and you got about 480 watts.

Edited by JDirty96

LOL.... It's either inline six or v six.. Can't be both.

The thing about clipping is it may not hurt your system now, but eventually it'll get to it. Not to mention, your system won't get any quieter without the clipping. In fact, I'd be willing to bet there's a gain in there somewhere. Clipping is just hard on your sub. It makes the sub work harder and heats up the voice coil more. So over time, you'll start smelling your woofer because the enamel coating on the voice coil is slowly wearing away due to the heat. Who am I to tell you this though? Just another name on the internet like fritos.

My question is are your gains maxed out? Bass boost maxed out? What the Subsonic set at? How about the low pass? What deck do you have?

I know you cant have both lol, and the car site says its a V6, but ok I guess its an l6 then :-p eigther way its a great jeep for its year =] hmm well maybe I will reconcider clipping it so much, but then again I probably wont because it doesnt hit close to as hard @ 28.28v :-/ So unlike what you said its not true, if I do go back without the clipping i sacrafic A LOT of bass (and im not willing to do that if I dont have to) im barely clipping as it is and like the other dood said my sub is rated @ twice what im clipping it at so it shouldnt harm it, atleast not yet (i plan to get a new amp this summer anyways) and no i appreciat eit, thats the type of stuff I like to hear =] not the negativity without facts and information.

I know about voice coil heating , clipping doesnt allow the sub to move properly like it would non-clipping so the coils dont get air and heat up I know i KNow :-p and i only play my system like an hour at a time so its not like its allllll day daily typea stuff. I'm running LPF @ 75hz and subsonic is built in not sure @ what though, gain is like a little more than half way up and bass boost is completely off @ 0 and my headunit has LOUD off. Other than the gain being about 10v higher than I probably should all of my setup is perfectly tuned.

oh and hows this for condescending???? same general idea bro...

SMD forum rules

Number 7 on the list!

"No What Would Be Louder Topics (we don't know no one does unless they build it and test it)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

You could be right, im not gonna lie... I have ALOT to do to my system... I plan a seperate amp for my components and a new amplifier to run two 15" fi ssd's as well as the big III and deep cycle in the rear, I know it needs a lot of work... but my simple question turned into all of this stupid nonsense that wasnt needed i dont really care about 90% of the stuff mentioned in my topic, I only care about car vs SUV :-/ if I made a topic asking about wattage/voltage drop , electrical etc. I would have...