Going places, and doing things, 1 18 in da trunk.

Okay to start off, I'm 17, jobless, and this is my first "build".

Everything I have, including my car and all the work done to it, has cost me under $2,000 of mostly my own money.

Before I get to equipment, no laughing at my box/port, but help and opinions are okay.

The box :

100_0580.jpg

100_0579.jpg

Thats where the port is supposed to meet the baffle, I didn't even realize it was gapped until I took the sub out.

100_0582.jpg

The port from the inside.(Keep in mind I don't have a table saw and this is my first time cutting wood)

I did my best to cut down/sand the important uneven edges, theres no actual air leaks all the way around the box.

Now this is the messed up part/the part I need help/opinions on

100_0581.jpg

Thats the inside of my port looking out, my uncle came over when I was putting everything together, and was like "No no no no this is all wrong."

So I let him do it the right way(which actually was the right way) and I find out all my measurements are wrong, I went from 5 cubes @ 32hz I think to like 5.9 @??hz idk what to do with the port, and my uncle said to just leave it for now(which I don't want to do)so right now I have a huge ass box that barely fits in my trunk(we had to take all the paneling off and the spare cover out and force it in) with a really messed up port, with no idea what to do.

So anyways on with the pictures,

Box/amp :

100_0597.jpg

Now before you all start whining about the cap, I only put it there for the looks, I know its useless on my stock electrical.

100_0586.jpg

Its a PA a3000db, 1800watts@2ohm

The car :

100_0591.jpg

100_0596.jpg

Can't even afford a dash kit.

And the sub :

100_0584.jpg

Older 15in L7, got it from my uncle to replace my two type r's(he told me it would make them sound like 6x9's, I think he lied)

So thats it for now, I'm deciding what to do with the box, again suggestions are accepted. I can't build a new one(the right way ofc) for a few more weeks, I have a promised job coming soon so I'll be able to afford stuff.

Oh and my mids/highs, ha.

I'm not ripping the panels off to take pics and idk model names, but upfront i've got a stock 5x7, yes just one. and in back some powerbass 6x9's.

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

The biggest problem I see with that box is the port. Can you give the dimensions of the box and port so we can figure the exact size & tuning. I also wouldn't worry about the box being 5.9cubes, solobarics like larger boxes and the 15 will work fine in 6cubes as long as your carefull with the amount of power your giving it.

TDH FTW !!!

The biggest problem I see with that box is the port. Can you give the dimensions of the box and port so we can figure the exact size & tuning. I also wouldn't worry about the box being 5.9cubes, solobarics like larger boxes and the 15 will work fine in 6cubes as long as your carefull with the amount of power your giving it.

The power is what I'm worried about with my box, it's rated at 1k I thought but I'm giving it 1.8, dimensions are : 33wX17hX18 5/8deep all measured from the outside quarter inch mdf, port is : 9 5/8h X 3w X 12.5deep, thats measured from the inside of the lip, with the lip it would be 2.25wide

Dc Audio

Team Fur

This box is honestly way off in volume and port. With those measurments it's 4.8cu.ft. gross(didn't take into account the port or sub displacement, and I really don't know how to figure the port out the way you have it). The net volume is most likely close to 4cu.ft.

TDH FTW !!!

Alright, so I got sick of my box last night and got some money, so next up I'll be sealing up the trunk and upgrading all my wire and other stuff. All of this hopefully happening tomorrow.

Edited by vengfuldev

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Ohhh man look at me now.

I got set back a little, but that's life, here's the little progress I've made.

New Box :

100_0598.jpg

100_0599.jpg

Om nom nom

100_0600.jpg

this is the back wall of the port, I guess its almost like a t-line? idk

100_0601.jpg

I'm not sure on the box specs, I don't remember, but I know its a little bigger than the last one, longer and shorter, so I'd guess ~5cuft at 32hz. I also got a new(to me) smaller amp, I'll try to get pics later, its a alpine dc straight 1k@1ohm

I'll try to get some videos later or maybe tomorrow too, it's so much louder it embarrasses me to say I had that old box.

Edited by vengfuldev

Dc Audio

Team Fur

thats my head unit :), i love it, the box still likes a little shakey but much better

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog