Sonic Electronix

difference between 2 door hatchback and 4 door car

there are too many variables to get an honest non-biased response to the question. fact being you could have the exact same 2 vehicals with the same setup and go to taco bell in one and burger king in the other and your meter readings will be pizza

hahahaha rofl. i laughed so hard at this reply. idk why. lol. back on topic, like everyone else said, too many factors to provide a straight answer.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

idk becouse when i had my 15s in my neons trunk i put them in the back seat and they sucked but back in the trunk they hit like crazy theres way to many variables.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i figure if you can bounce the sound off the glass in the hatch, use it as a horn, it would be louder. with a proper box. glass is sonically reflective

so sub up port up? is that what your saying lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

becayse his box is sub up port back 8 cubes dont remember what its tuned too. but i know he made it nicly (fiberglassed etc etc) and i could prob get a deal on it since he isnt using it anymore. i remember some one told sub up port back in his hatch was louder on tl but sub up port up was louder to the ear..?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

his box is basically like this. exactly like it kinda except he fiberglassed where the subs are at

1j1450.png

well, when a sub produces bass, the bass is reverberated off of obstacles. a hatchback usually has less obstacles, therefore creating a shorter, uninterrupted sound wave. a sedan will have more obstacles for a sound wave to overcome, therefore, lengthening the sound wave coming from the subwoofer. that is why in many hatchbacks, sub up is very commonly preferred because of the 45 degree window creating a more direct path... at least that's what i think :)

Edited by BluX

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

well, when a sub produces bass, the bass is reverberated off of obstacles. a hatchback usually has less obstacles, therefore creating a shorter, uninterrupted sound wave. a sedan will have more obstacles for a sound wave to overcome, therefore, lengthening the sound wave coming from the subwoofer. that is why in many hatchbacks, sub up is very commonly preferred because of the 45 degree window creating a more direct path... at least that's what i think :)

im for sure going to do sub up but what about the port??

1j1450.png

im for sure going to do sub up but what about the port??

a lot of people say subs up port back, but i've even heard that subs up port to the left in certain vehicles scores higher on a meter, but it is really just a matter of experimenting with the box configuration as far as placement of the box, the port and the subs, in order to achieve the highest dB's. i once read on a forum that a guy had a jeep cherokee and he would try many different things with his termlab meter, anywhere from moving his seats up a few inches, putting duct tape around the subs, moving his box around, opening the window, putting pressure on his door from the outside, and turning his box around backwards etc...

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

yeah but being broke and not being able to afford all those setups doesnt help lol. i mean its a one chance thing is i get his box. and hes shipping it to me and shipping is like anywhere from 100-200 i dooubt id take it out to build a sub up port up box.

1j1450.png