You're a 19 year old kid.

You're critically wounded and dying in

the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam .

It's November 11, 1967.

LZ (landing zone) X-ray.

Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 yards

away, that your CO (commanding officer) has ordered the MedEvac helicopters to

stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out.

Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again.

As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then - over the machine gun noise - you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter.

You look up to see a Huey coming in. But ... It doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it.

Captain Ed Freeman is coming in for you.

He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire anyway.

Even after the MedEvacs were ordered not to come. He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 3 of you at a time on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses and safety.

And, he kept coming back!! 13 more times!!

Until all the wounded were out. No one knew until the mission was over that the Captain had been hit 4 times in the legs

and left arm.

He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the Captain and his Huey.

captainedfreeman.png

Medal of Honor Recipient, Captain Ed Freeman, United States Air Force,

died last Wednesday at the age of 70, in Boise, Idaho .

May God Bless and Rest His Soul.

I think it's a shame that no media coverage was given to this great man, no flags were flown half mast, most will never know such people exist....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

So true. The sad thing is that none of these hero's get the recognition in death that they deserve. I guess you can thank Jane Fonda and the rest of the Vietnam/Korea Era Hippies for this. Giving the solders of the US a bad name and making them looked down on for the first time in our history. Even the true hero's such as him.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

So true. The sad thing is that none of these hero's get the recognition in death that they deserve. I guess you can thank Jane Fonda and the rest of the Vietnam/Korea Era Hippies for this. Giving the solders of the US a bad name and making them looked down on for the first time in our history. Even the true hero's such as him.

yeah, I don't think that was Jane Fondas intention though, she was against the war, yes. but I dont think she was against the soldiers. the hippies were the ones that started calling the soldiers names and whatnot, just because they themselves didn't believe in violence. they thought that the soldiers should have just laid down arms and surrendered od something....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

You should do some research on Fonda and what she did and said about the soldiers. It was the media mostly, using people like her that tarnished the public opinion of the military.

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

You should do some research on Fonda and what she did and said about the soldiers. It was the media mostly, using people like her that tarnished the public opinion of the military.

damn, she did say some messed up shit huh, it's too bad that heroism is being pushed aside by the media...

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

damn that sucks. may he r.i.p. seemed like a brave and great man.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

I think the world could use a few more people like him, that's for sure.

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4