Hey I'm a fellow mega cab owner myself...prepping it for a build. Don't castrate me yet, but I intend on using the dash speaker locations as I'm hell bent on keeping things looking factory. I've read that a 4" COULD fit, but I'm a bit worried about mounting depth. I'm a bit lazy to pop the dash piece and pull the speaker, so do you happen to know what the depth is like? I've seen some dashes where there is a cross beam or firewall that gets in the way of going w/ a larger magnet. Thanks in advance

i know the question was not directed at me, but this is my take. i also own a mega cab. you will have to use a very shallow speaker if you can even get it to fit at all. i used 4" cdt speakers and they would not fit. i routed a new ring out of mdf, epoxied it on top of the existing speaker location, body filled it smoother, and then painted the whole piece.

Hey I'm a fellow mega cab owner myself...prepping it for a build. Don't castrate me yet, but I intend on using the dash speaker locations as I'm hell bent on keeping things looking factory. I've read that a 4" COULD fit, but I'm a bit worried about mounting depth. I'm a bit lazy to pop the dash piece and pull the speaker, so do you happen to know what the depth is like? I've seen some dashes where there is a cross beam or firewall that gets in the way of going w/ a larger magnet. Thanks in advance

i know the question was not directed at me, but this is my take. i also own a mega cab. you will have to use a very shallow speaker if you can even get it to fit at all. i used 4" cdt speakers and they would not fit. i routed a new ring out of mdf, epoxied it on top of the existing speaker location, body filled it smoother, and then painted the whole piece.

That's perfectly fine, and thank you for your input. There are not too many mega cab owners out there, let alone owners who upgrade the stereo. Most common folk enjoy what they have and dont know any different. I was actually contemplating the CDT's myself, but I could see just from the pictures that they were pretty deep on the backside. What size MDF did you make the rings out of? Seems like there is some clearance above the speaker before it hits the factory grill since you were able to use an MDF ring. Does the tweeter touch the grill and make that whole front grill/fascade bow at all? How about the center, did you put one in there as well? Seems like the center is a bit smaller. Now for the final eternal ultimate question, how does it sound and how much louder is it? Ultimately, looking to get some deeper vocal out of it, maybe some snappy snare drum and light bass drum kick if possible so that the sound blends better w/ the door speakers. The head unit (unpurchased yet) is going to be the pioneer appradio 3, and the processor is the JBL MS-8 (already purchased). Amps are undecided, but I do have a plethora of old school Sony amps...some may castrate me for them but they are good enough for a daily, and really do lay out some decent power. For the sake of not hijacking this thread, please email me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance Sewerman!!

• 2 years later...

CIMG0201.jpg

CIMG0204.jpg

CIMG0206.jpg

CIMG0214.jpg

CIMG0215.jpg

CIMG0217.jpg

CIMG0216.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

CIMG0225.jpg

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0227.jpg

CIMG0228.jpg

Is there any way I could get the measurements on this box?? Because I've been searching for a good box for my 04 dodge and I've got 4 15s so I'm just trying a lot of designs until I find the right one for me. Just need the measurements for the bottom and top wood and the port wood please

Archived