Sonic Electronix

It is always a good idea to upgrade the alt, but not necessarily a must, depending on the amp that you intend to run, you could get away with the big 3 upgrade and a second batt.

Alright, but now a new question. How about the car amplifier watt ratings?

When i had my Pioneer home amp - 4x120w (A+B Stereo), i ran 4x15" PA Woofers on them and on like 15% the woofers were kind of maxed out. So, would like 2x500w be enough for 2x Apline Type X (SWX-1242D) woofers? Obviosuly not i assume, i saw few videos and there was one about how 1000w amp would burn Apline Type R 12"'s. But im not sure, maybe anyone just knows what amp and how much wattage would be actually good for those Type X's i linked.

Edited by The99dB

Alright, but now a new question. How about the car amplifier watt ratings?

When i had my Pioneer home amp - 4x120w (A+B Stereo), i ran 4x15" PA Woofers on them and on like 15% the woofers were kind of maxed out. So, would like 2x500w be enough for 2x Apline Type X (SWX-1242D) woofers? Obviosuly not i assume, i saw few videos and there was one about how 1000w amp would burn Apline Type R 12"'s. But im not sure, maybe anyone just knows what amp and how much wattage would be actually good for those Type X's i linked.

I don't think the Type X's are what you're looking for to be honest. My opinion is the Type X do get loud, but I think you'd be happier with the Type R's (if you want to stay Alpine), for the kind of music you listen to; and the Type R's are much cheaper. Right around $100.00 - $120.00 US dollars each, and they perform very, very well at that price point...and a 1,000 watt amp is perfect for them, without breaking the bank either. A lot of people go with the Alpine MRP-M1000 on them, but there are other options. Just make sure you get the right impedance for your choice of amp.

That said, you are likely going to want more out of your system in short order...like most of us...and I would suggest using your $1,400 sparingly, and save up for the sick system you'll want to replace the starter stuff with.

Thanks, that actually was quite helpful. Im not preferring Alpine at this point so other brands can me recommended too. But the Alpine's look quite interesting and as You said, the price point is nice. Ill do a bit of research on those and well see then. For now, thanks alot. If i got any further questions then ill post them in this thread. :)

Everyone has their favorites, and once it's later in the day here...I'm sure others will suggest some subs in that price point.

You can also plan for a future system now, and I would really recommend that if you feel at all like you might upgrade. Spending a little more for certain things now will save you money in the long run. You could likely get most of your electrical needs (minus alt and extra batteries), and a nice amp with the largest portion of your budget. Have enough for some decent subs (assuming you do most of the work yourself to save cash), and you have a system now. Save up for the top tier subs if you want more later. Amp and wiring are good to go...not counting a high output alt and extra batteries.

For instance: zero gauge rather that 4 or 8 for your amp. Then you don't have to replace and rerun it in the future for a larger amp if you decide you want one. You can also go with 8 gauge to start if you want to spend more on the speakers or amp(s), and reuse the 8 gauge for speaker wire if you go with zero gauge in the future too. All in how you want to plan it.

Hope that makes sense. :(