Name the series because it brings you to the entire lineup. The F line looks like its one of Sonys power thirsty lines, nice i7, lots of ram, storage SSD capabilities, didnt take a look at the graphics, but battery life just sucks on them. Are you looking for a desktop replacement? They will be hard for day long computing unless you are plugged in somewhere.

p2pb5221902.jpg

Team PSI

Team Shock Industries

Team XS Power

Vertex Audio

Sundown Audio

Knukonceptz

Any reason you're into a Sony system so bad? I've never met anyone who had a Sony laptop that I was really interested in or impressed by, especially for the price.

Other than the low weight and battery life of the X-series, I see nothing on it specs-wise that looks even remotely good. The battery life is mainly due to the weak components inside it. It's like a moped. It'll get great gas mileage, but the performance will suck compared to a sports car. Also, it STARTS at $1500, and the price to upgrade it to the max specs (2.0 gHz, 2 GB RAM, 128 GB HD) will bring that price tag well over $2000.

The CW-series seems like a better option in my opinion if you're not super concerned about battery life. You'll be able to upgrade the performance higher than you would with the X-series and it starts at almost half the price. If you feel like max 4 hours isn't enough (keep in mind that'll probably mean buying a larger 9-cell battery instead of the standard 6-cell, which means more money out of your pocket) then another laptop might be better.

What are you looking to do with your laptop? Business stuff? Checking e-mails? School work? The occasional Solitaire or Minesweeper game? Looking at the two Sony systems you picked out, I don't think you're looking for a gaming rig. If you give us an idea of what you need it to do and a price range, e can help you find a great laptop for the money.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Just to give you an idea of the price jump, I went in and customized a CW-series with the maximum specs possible:

Intel® Core™ i5-540M processor (2.53GHz)

8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-SDRAM-1066

CD/DVD burner

Large Capacity Battery

Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit

640GB Hard Disk Drive (5400rpm)

Without doing any ascetic upgrades (no engraving, regular black color, no bundled/pre-installed software, no service plan or extended warranty) it brought the total to $1509.99. Had I upgraded to a Blu-Ray drive/burner, the price would have jumped another $180.

I can't do comparisons like this for the X-series, as it isn't available for customization on Sony's site. I just figured I'd post this up here to give you an idea of how their posted specs (max specs) can easily double the price of the base model of the laptop.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

If you're going to pay those prices you'd be better off with an Alienware

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

If you're going to pay those prices you'd be better off with an Alienware

Haha, I wouldn't jump for an Alienware just yet, but an ASUS might be just what you need for performance without the huge price tag.

wtf is lolcats?

HAHA, sorry I'm raping your thread with replies lately. I figure it's easier to have multiple double/triple posts than keep editing my one post into a wall of text that turns into a tl;dr

Anyway, here's an idea of a laptop I actually recommended to my girlfriend that she bought. She had an old HP 17" that she loved, but it was 5 or 6 years old and was running Vista on 1 GB of RAM (major no-no). She was sick of it's slow performance compared to other laptops (mine) and decided she needed a new one. Didn't want to go through the hassle of customizing one online, so we walked into Best Buy and looked at the laptops there and I immediately found this one: ASUS U50F

For $650, I was utterly stunned by what it had under the hood. It was like going to a Ford dealership and finding a 2011 Mustang for $5 grand. i3, 4 GB RAM, Win7. It had everything she needed and was at $100-200 than anything close to it specs-wise. She got it without a warranty or service plan (I'm her service plan) and it only cost her like $700 and she didn't have to wait for it to be delivered.

I'm not saying that this laptop is the second coming of Jesus and everyone should have one, but for her needs (work stuff, email, Microsoft Word) it did everything she needed plus some more and did it for way less than any other laptop in the store.

EDIT: Link was broken. LOL!

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

Well let me say i know some about computers but not all that much haha all i need it for is to be able to run like WoW . but i need it for military schooling and all that. but im heaidng to the local place that sells laptops today to see if they will do a trade in for my tower since its running slow as FAUK right now. lolz

Well let me say i know some about computers but not all that much haha all i need it for is to be able to run like WoW . but i need it for military schooling and all that. but im heaidng to the local place that sells laptops today to see if they will do a trade in for my tower since its running slow as FAUK right now. lolz

Gotcha. You probably don't need an uber graphics card to run WoW (I play WoW on my Alienware, but it's kind of overkill). WoW isn't a super demanding game and should be fine on just about any modern laptop, even with an on-board graphics card. Don't spend money on stuff you won't use, right?

wtf is lolcats?