Second Skin Audio

what box&subs should i use.

i have an older orion amp 2 channel that i got from my cuz. its a 2504g model which is around 800 to 1000 watts if im not mistaken.

my fist question is. well its not a question i just need help building the box. im wanting to build a dual chamberd box. sealed and then ported with a glas insert. i had one of these when i was 16 and sounded awsome. Now i want the truth is that the best box to get or can i do better with somthing else. now for that very reason is why i havn't gotten the subs, i kinda want to know what i should get 10 or 12. and all this has to fit in my dodge mangum.

that box you're talking about is called a bandpass box. but its most likely tuned SUPER HIGH from factory so it only can play a narrow band of frequencies (like 50-60hz for example).

first off ill ask what kind of money do you have to spend, and for what EXACTLY you need (various wires, wood/glue/materials to make a box, woofers etc). do you want straight out SPL and you wont care how it sounds or SQ where you want it to sound like sex to your ears?

Edited by Kranny

that box you're talking about is called a bandpass box. but its most likely tuned SUPER HIGH from factory so it only can play a narrow band of frequencies (like 50-60hz for example).

first off ill ask what kind of money do you have to spend, and for what EXACTLY you need (various wires, wood/glue/materials to make a box, woofers etc). do you want straight out SPL and you wont care how it sounds or SQ where you want it to sound like sex to your ears?

the sound quality i want or can afford doesn't have to be sex in the ears. i just want to put 2 subs in there with the amp i have. i always figured that a better box will not only make the subs sound better but last longer so when ever i want to upgraded i can keep the box. now is the bandpass better for me or should i got with somthing ported

the sound quality i want or can afford doesn't have to be sex in the ears. i just want to put 2 subs in there with the amp i have. i always figured that a better box will not only make the subs sound better but last longer so when ever i want to upgraded i can keep the box. now is the bandpass better for me or should i got with somthing ported

most well designed bandpass boxes (that are specifically built to the woofers that are in it) are quite large so i dont really recommend it since i dont know how big the box will be nor do i know your car at all.

answer the 2nd part of my previous post since that will help more.

spl for me its not going to matter how it sounds

what is spl and sq??

still not answering my question bro....here ill copy paste it to make it a little easier for you...

spl = sound pressure level, sq = sound quality

"first off ill ask what kind of money do you have to spend, and for what EXACTLY you need (various wires, wood/glue/materials to make a box, woofers etc). do you want straight out SPL and you wont care how it sounds or SQ where you want it to sound like sex to your ears?"

still not answering my question bro....here ill copy paste it to make it a little easier for you...

spl = sound pressure level, sq = sound quality

"first off ill ask what kind of money do you have to spend, and for what EXACTLY you need (various wires, wood/glue/materials to make a box, woofers etc). do you want straight out SPL and you wont care how it sounds or SQ where you want it to sound like sex to your ears?"

money wise id say 300 to 500 is my limit. i won't be needing wires. not sure what kind of wood i would or should use as for the sq and spl i would say 50:50

sorry to say im not very knowledgable in this department. thus the reason im asking for help. lol

Edited by hnm3355

money wise id say 300 to 500 is my limit. i won't be needing wires. not sure what kind of wood i would or should use as for the sq and spl i would say 50:50

sorry to say im not very knowledgable in this department. thus the reason im asking for help. lol

ill whip something up for you for some woofers and leave some money for you to build a box.

yea its no problem man, it just makes it difficult to figure out what you want when you dont answer what we ask lol.

let me get these pics up and its going to be rms

off

"HCCA 250G4 POWER OUTPUT 2 x 50 @ 4 Ohm 2 x 100 @ 2 Ohm 2 x 200 @ 1 Ohm 2 x 400 @ .5 Ohm 1 x 200 @ 4 Ohm 1 x 400 @ 2 Ohm 1 x 800 @ 1 Ohm SIGNAL PROCESSING Variable Low-pass 45Hz to 5kHz, variable high-pass with INTELLi Q 10Hz to 10kHz, 10dB of boost with INTELLi Q, remote gain capable, selectable AUX out FUSE SIZE (2) 30 ATC DIMENSIONS 18" x 10.25" x 2.25" (457mm x 260mm x 57mm) .These are the specs i found on the internet and i bought this amp 5 yrs ago and powered three w612's jl audio at one ohm stable. "

Edited by hnm3355