DC Sound Lab

2 XL 18 Bandpass or Ported

I am having issues with choosing a design to use. As stated in the title, the subs are 2 Lvl4xl 18s, they will be powered by 2 IA 20.1s at 1 ohm strapped.

First up is a 4th Order. Sealed Chamber = 4.8 Ported Chamber = 12.8 Port Tuning = 50 Port Area = 357 sqin"

I've never built/designed a 4th order bandpass before, so I'm kind of hesitant on this design. If the tuning is too high, I figured I'd make some sort of plug that drops the port area to 300 and the tuning to 46.

Ported design is pretty standard, 13 cubes tuned to 32 with 210 sqin" of port.

What I'm looking to get out of this setup is more of a "low end monster" than anything, but not really sacrificing the upper spectrum of sound (45hz-65hz). If you guys don't mind steering me in the direction of the better enclosure for these speakers, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Larson

Yes I concer with oldschool. Bandpasses will take you longer to fine tune it The ported box will work out great you could even shrink the box volume a little on the ported box. I'd say around 5 5.5 per woofer. With 16-21 inchs of port per cubic foot

Roseville, CA