Second Skin Audio

2-15" D9 Box

I'm building a box for a friend's two 15" Diamond Audio D9's. They're powered by 2 Memphis MOJO 2500's, he has 3 Kinetik KHC1800's and 1 KHC800, and an Ohio Generators 280amp alt. 3 runs of 1/0 power and ground. I will be doing the Big 3 in 1/0.

The shop that installed it all just used two prefab 15" boxes tuned at 43Hz.

Here is what I came up with. It will have bracing and a double baffle, just didn't add in in the drawings.

boxcalc-1.jpg

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box4.jpg

Let me know what you think and if it looks right.

Thanks

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

imo the box seems kinda big for that much power to those subs. but i would say just give it a shot.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

So you wanna run two 800rms subs off of 5k?

1000rms subs, wired at 2ohms, so only 1250 to each. That's not too much on them.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO

1000rms subs, wired at 2ohms, so only 1250 to each. That's not too much on them.

Alrighty that makes a little more sense. lol Well, looking at the first torres shot, each sub would be seeing about 2.5 cubes a piece before the extra baffle, and before the bracing take up some space. Personally i'd shoot for 3 a piece at least. If you could still go 25 deep and keep everything else the same you should be looking good. Again, I am not sure of the optimum suggested box specs for those subs, but at 1300ish a piece, and for a set of 15"s, you should be golden. Just take lots of pics! :)

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Alrighty that makes a little more sense. lol Well, looking at the first torres shot, each sub would be seeing about 2.5 cubes a piece before the extra baffle, and before the bracing take up some space. Personally i'd shoot for 3 a piece at least. If you could still go 25 deep and keep everything else the same you should be looking good. Again, I am not sure of the optimum suggested box specs for those subs, but at 1300ish a piece, and for a set of 15"s, you should be golden. Just take lots of pics! :)

Diamonds site says 2.5cubes per 15" sub. Starting on it tonight, I'll take pics.

BRENT

1997 GMC Yukon
1-DC xl18"
Stetsom 2K5E
3-Kinetik HC1800's

1967 Pontiac GTO