Sonic Electronix

So i need to build a box that is .6 cuft per chamber NET. How would i determine what the gross volume is? How would i go about measuring the NET volume of a box. The Eclipse tech said that it needs to be .6ft loaded i believe.

*EDIT* This is his email that he sent me.

For these subs recommend is sealed enclosure for the sub is 0.6 cuft. each with the subwoofers loaded in the box so net you want it to 0.6 cuft. Ported not recommended.

Edited by Maroon97SL

2000 White Saturn SL2

Kenwood KDC-248U Head Unit

1 Rockrod Fosgate HX2 punch DVC 12

1 Rockford Fosgate R500-1 amp

Stock Mids & Highs.

Budget Build, I spent about 330$ for the setup.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

So i need to build a box that is .6 ft3 per chamber NET. How would i determine what the gross volume is? How would i go about measuring the NET volume of a box. The Eclipse tech said that it needs to be .6ft loaded i believe.

Net is after sub/bracing displacement, so if you have a 1.8 cube box(Gross Size) for example and your sub takes up .20 cubes and your bracing takes up .20cubes then your net box size is 1.4 cubes

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Net is after sub/bracing displacement, so if you have a 1.8 cube box(Gross Size) for example and your sub takes up .20 cubes and your bracing takes up .20cubes then your net box size is 1.4 cubes

But how do i know what my sub takes up? how do i determine that, I don't have much info on the subs other then they need to be in a sealed enclosure at .6 cuft net.

Edited by Maroon97SL

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

but its a crx, if you cant fart and do a 150 in a crx there is something wrong...

eclipse 87121.8

FS = 27hz

Qts=0.43

DCR=7.2

VAS=1.95 Cuft

Xmax (one way)=0.73"

Continuous power handling=300w

Music power handling=600w

Thats the only info i can find on them.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

A sub that needs to be in .6 cubes sealed probly occupies a very negligible volume, just build a box that's like .65 cubes or somthing and you'll be fine.

2001 Oldsmobile Alero

15" Fi BTL firing into cabin sealed from trunk (trunk wall)

8" interchageable flared aeros

4.8ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

2 AQ 1200's strapped (comming soon)

Wiper flexage on only 1300 watts..

Link to my build.

A sub that needs to be in .6 cubes sealed probly occupies a very negligible volume, just build a box that's like .65 cubes or somthing and you'll be fine.

.6 cuft just seems really small.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.

That sounds very wrong...but if the tech said it I guess it has to be correct?

13x30x13 will give you about .8 per sub after displacement. I wouldn't go any smaller than that.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

That sounds very wrong...but if the tech said it I guess it has to be correct?

13x30x13 will give you about .8 per sub after displacement. I wouldn't go any smaller than that.

That just seems REALLY small for a sealed box, barely big enough for my subs. I want boomy bass but i also want it to be tight and not all sloppy sounding. I listen to everything, Heavy metal, rock, rap, R&B, Techno, just want it to sound clean when listening to everything, my box now sounds good with most rap and almost all techno, but sounds like crap with Rock and heavy metal, its a R/T obcon ported box.

2000 White Saturn SL2

Stock Mids & Highs.