Sonic Electronix

okay so i have 2 12 lvl 3 dc's with a t1000.1bd wired at 1ohm.. first i had them in a box with 2 4" aeros really loud but it was leaking air and i didnt like how the aeros sounded imo. so i got a slot ported box tuned to 35hz and i set the gain with the bass boost all the way up with my dmm to 31.6v on a 50hz test tone at 26/35 on my alpine hu of course i never had the bass knob all the way up while driving but i noticed it only got really loud with it up all the way.. and i figured well since i set it with the dmm with it up it only saw 1000rms at 1 ohm.. so i just reset it to 1000rms with bass knob at half which is what i usually had it at and i bumped for a song and i pop the trunk and smell coil.. and subs were hot.. how could this have happened? AND i was bumping decaf which i know he doesnt clip his songs.. soo what could be it??

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

and also subs arent even reaching alot of excursion soo.. confused :(

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

So bass boost was all the way up?

And what is your LPF set to?

nope halfway. and 80

1j1450.png

uhh bassboost is on thats your problem. turn it off and superglue it off, and dont use that knob anymore k? use subwoofer level control on headunit.

even at half way? i thought it was okay to use a little if you set it with your gain.?

1j1450.png

even at half way? i thought it was okay to use a little if you set it with your gain.?

halfway is a lot to me. :shrug:

also, how low below 35 were you playing? did you play the same song when you watched the woofer's excursion? and have you checked to see if they're in phase?

Edited by vengfuldev

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

yes...unless you have an oscilloscope dont use it. turn it off and retune gains then level 3's will stop cooking

halfway is a lot to me. :shrug:

also, how low below 35 were you playing? did you play the same song when you watched the woofer's excursion? and have you checked to see if they're in phase?

not sure. prob 30 at the lowest.. subs dont get much excursion. and yep they are in phase. center slot port too. and kranny alright. i hope that solves it. but keeping bass knob there because i like how it looks at night lol

1j1450.png

not sure. prob 30 at the lowest.. subs dont get much excursion. and yep they are in phase. center slot port too. and kranny alright. i hope that solves it. but keeping bass knob there because i like how it looks at night lol

if you must has bass knob cause of the light (lol) then keep it on 0