DC Sound Lab

specs on lvl 5 18?

Curious whats this going in? whats your electrical like? what type box, subs up port back? subs up port up? etc

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

did you meter on the lvl 5?

never got a chance they kept blowing on me i was snapping the neck joints on the vcs not burning them. i think it was caused by high power clip. anyways they are real stiff and dont like clipping. switched to xls and got way louder and more musical. its your call though. Id get another amp and go for it.

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Curious whats this going in? whats your electrical like? what type box, subs up port back? subs up port up? etc

01 sequoia.

my goal i gotta hit before this build is at least 150 below 40hz using:

-2x 15s apx

-stetsom 11k2d

-6 blue tops 1 red under the hood

-stock electrics

-NO big 3

-NO deadening

-below the window line

-sealed at the dash

best so far below 40 is 149.1 at 38hz

im sure my next box will be well in the 50s using that set up

my next build is going to be something i wont need to touch for a while. going subs up port up below the window line till i decide to wall... gonna work on electrical while the 18s are in.

wow bro. i bet if you just did electrical uprade you would get your 150. I have $4000 just in my electrical and im still adding, and this is with just 7k. im surprised your sd hasnt smoked. just curious what is you voltage at idle and when you get on it? i bet its close to battery resting voltage huh? 12.6 12.7. whats your amp wired too? also i tried sub up port up with 2 lvl 5s and had ok results. but sub up port back is devastating! kick you in the face bluurr my vision uglyness.the big 3 cant cost that much, do it asap then work on your electrical. you need it. good luck bro. and i bet you could do a 150+ with the xls.

Edited by dd98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

at idle its around 13. i havent had the amp go below 11.8 even during burp.

i know i could do a lot better with electicals, dampening. its kind of a challenge to myself not to do any of those upgrades. i just want to see my gains through enclosures before i get nutts on this project.

i prefer my port back but if i run 4 18s the port would be right on the tailgate.

Just curious shoot me your dimensions max width, depth and height. from your back seat to tailgate whats the distance? i dont see how you will have enough room to do subs up port up. where you putting the port? you have to have min 37 38 to fit the 18s im at 38 with 6-7 inches from my back doors.also any pics you could post of your install would be helpful.

Edited by dd98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

at idle its around 13. i havent had the amp go below 11.8 even during burp.

i know i could do a lot better with electicals, dampening. its kind of a challenge to myself not to do any of those upgrades. i just want to see my gains through enclosures before i get nutts on this project.

i prefer my port back but if i run 4 18s the port would be right on the tailgate.

4 lvl 5s and a Stetsom 11k isnt going nuts into a project? I would think you would want to upgrade your electrical before you kill something expensive.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

nutts as in tear the car apart and spend a whole lot of time and money into something i dont have time to waste on.

again the electrical thing is just a goal of mine to hit before i do up it.

id hate to just build just to max it out at the first try. then what??? what will i do after that??? just rip it apart and move on? i like these little goals and challenges for myself.