well, its sorta hard to explain. it took me a while to figure it out the first time but after that its like riding a bike. theres about 4 main files on GTA. the most important of which is the GTA3.img which is in the "models" folder of your GTASA directory (you can open that file with this tool here thats really the only thing you'd HAVE to edit, the rest is just optional. so you download a car from anywhere that gives out mods for GTA. my fav car designer is JVT from www.jvtdesign.net. once you download a car, it should come with 2 files and a readme. the files will be a .dff and a .txd these are the files you would replace in the GTA3.img. so say its named "elegant.dff" and "elegant.txd" that would mean that it would replace the car "Elegant" in the game. so you'd find the 2 "elegant" files in the img by doing a F2 (which brings up a search box) and typing just "elegant" that would find the .dff file i believe. right click on it and rename it to "elegant.dff.old" and then hit F3 (which finds the next word) and it should find the elegant.txd. do the same rename thing for that file too. then go to Commands > Add and choose the 2 files that you want to add, in this case the elegant files. when they're added to the img, go to Commands > Rebuild Archive. when thats done, your car is added and you can close that IMG Tool. now if you want the rest of the stuff for the car (custom handling, rims, colors, etc) theres 3 other files you have to edit. everything else is in your "data" folder in your GTASA directory. the 3 files you want to open are "carcols.dat" "vehicles.ide" (this is different for any game other than GTASA, vice city for example you'd have to open "default.ide" instead) and finally open up "handling.cfg" if windows doesnt know what to do with these files, open them with notepad. now's the part where you gotta look through that readme file. there should be 3 lines in there, one is for carcols, one is handling, and one is vehicles. its really easy to figure out which is which. handling would have the name of the car and then a bunch of numbers after it. like "Elegant 1203.368.5686.796.98.7987.0..7" or something of that nature. vehicles would have a number, followed by the name of the car, followed by the name of the car again (with big spaces in between) and the carcols would just be the name of the car, with a few sets of numbers after it separated by comma's. in the case that theres also a line for "carmods.dat", i wouldnt suggest adding that. its made so you can customize it at transfender, but i've never been able to get the cars to load if i add anything to carmods.dat so i would just skip it. if all went well, you should be able to load up san andreas with your new car :)

16321145278.jpg