DC Sound Lab

A little update on my lvl4

no pics yet im going to wait til after i rebuild my box it was my first attempt and i rushed it and its not very pretty but it works for now. i am in the process of thinking about the new design to make it a little more show quality for next year. i currently have around 1400 watts going to mine and it loves it and i think it could take more so i am upgrading amps at tax time lol. i am going to take some pics of the build next time i do the box. i have the one 12 in a 1.5cuft box at around 35 hertz and it hits so hard that my roof sounds like a gong when i hit the pause button and it shakes back into place lol i am going to get a vid one night and then start finding some good sound deadner to fill every void of my truck to seal it up mostly in my roof

Nice I have one 12" DC Level 4 d2 on DD m1a @ 1ohm (a bit underrated at 1200rms@1ohm). I have only a optima red top in front n big 3 done and 4 gauge power/ground stock alt. It takes the m1a like a champ and could handle more with proper setting of gain on the amp. I just purchase but have not yet received a more powerful amp rated at 1750 rms @ 1ohm n might try it out on the level 4 12 for a bit before I upgrade to two subs over winter and 0 gauge high output alt and battery in rear!

But ya id say go with the saz-1500 if you havent purchased your amp already itll take it fine Im sure I have heard of people running 2krms to Level 4s so again proper gain setting and that amp would definitely do that sub well in about 2 cubes after displacements I prefer lower tuning myself but thats up to you. BTW I do recommend 2 cubes for the level 4 12 because though I have only tried two boxes with this sub I tried 1.8 cubes and 2 cubes and there was a noticeable difference in output with the larger box. But this is up to you and your build. Hope something I rambled about helps a little bit.

Ya I talked to Rusty on the phone about it and he recommended 1.5 cubes to me but I didnt try it because I had gotten better results going from 1.8 to 2 cubes I figured less cubes would be a step in the wrong direction. But what works for one is not best for all I look forward to seeing your build.

• 2 weeks later...

well i finally hooked my dmm up to my amp and checked the wattage come to find out when riding around i am only pushing about 700wrms to it and if i turn up my radio to the recommended 75% volume im at around 1600wrms im kinda scared to hear this thing at those volumes though i have figured out i dont have the electrical to support it for now lol. I may find a parking lot and take a video and post it as soon as i can find the time and all and figure out how to post it