Sonic Electronix

This just happened today.

I realized that my left sub is still pounding, but it's making a chirping sound, akin to a cricket?

It hasn't done this before, and these subs are still only a few months old. I got them mid summer.

Specs. are in Signature.

Edited by GTCharged

Dual Alpine Type R 12's

Dual Alpine M500 Amps

Generic Single Front Ported Box

JVC HD Radio

2005 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Check for crickets, bird, or squirrel.

Effort = 0

0/10

Haha. Sorry, I had to...reminded me of a joke I heard at school.

In seriousness though, what do you mean by chirping? Like a high pitched sound, intermittent, what? Can you get a video that will show?

POTATO!

You know how a cricket sounds? The 2 chirps?

It's a high pitch chirping sound, but not loud by any means.

And it does it every hit.

I'd provide more info, but it's 2:30 AM and... well, you get the idea haha.

I know these subs are shitty compared to everyone else on the website, but this is my first system, and can't afford better. So I'm pissed about this, they're only a few months old.

They're still babies :(

Edited by GTCharged

Dual Alpine Type R 12's

Dual Alpine M500 Amps

JVC HD Radio

Betcha dollar to a doughnut something's rubbing against the soft parts of the sub.

Try pulling the sub out and giving it a LITTLE power free-air and see if it still does it. If not, it's rubbing against something in the box. One time I had a similar noise and traced it to poor alignment of the sub in the cutout. part of the soft parts was rubbing against the inside of the cutout. Granted I was running inverted at the time, but it's worth a try, right?

Too many projects, too little time...

Betcha dollar to a doughnut something's rubbing against the soft parts of the sub.

Try pulling the sub out and giving it a LITTLE power free-air and see if it still does it. If not, it's rubbing against something in the box. One time I had a similar noise and traced it to poor alignment of the sub in the cutout. part of the soft parts was rubbing against the inside of the cutout. Granted I was running inverted at the time, but it's worth a try, right?

Definitely. It'll have to wait till 9 AM at the least, but thanks.

Also, what's the pro's and cons of Inverted? I've seen a few, but never really understood it.

Dual Alpine Type R 12's

Dual Alpine M500 Amps

JVC HD Radio

You know how a cricket sounds? The 2 chirps?

It's a high pitch chirping sound, but not loud by any means.

And it does it every hit.

I'd provide more info, but it's 2:30 AM and... well, you get the idea haha.

I know these subs are shitty compared to everyone else on the website, but this is my first system, and can't afford better. So I'm pissed about this, they're only a few months old.

They're still babies :(

Actually, Type R's aren't bad. Not perfect, but not bad.

Definitely. It'll have to wait till 9 AM at the least, but thanks.

Also, what's the pro's and cons of Inverted? I've seen a few, but never really understood it.

Slightly more airspace is about the only benefit.

POTATO!