First Home Build (tight budget)

Personally, I woulda gone with something a bit more SQ wise than an L5, but that's just me. Sounds like a good idea, keep going with it. And yes, unless you want to purchase multiple amps and a separate crossover unit for the amps.

@ Sani, you do have a point, people do get annoying copying Steve's ideas. It's not like he's trying to create mini-Meade's and take the world over with a fleet of Meadecherry Tahoe's on 26's, although that would look and sound badass from a distance. o.o

POTATO!

2 is fine.

What impedance are they and what do you plan to power them with?

2 ohm DVC, 300 watts RMS. i'm looking at either a Crown XLS Drivecore 1000 or QSC GX3 amp. i'm most likely going to go with the QSC.

Eh, take back what I said. My GX3 does 500 watts at 4 ohms, while the Drivecore does only 350 watts. QSC is a mix of loud and quality, but Crown is great quality. It's your choice really. GX3 does more power, but no real internal processing. The Drivecore has crossover capabilities, processing, and more.

POTATO!

I think i'm gonna get the Drivecore because it'll give me enough power for what i want out of my subs, and i'll take advantage of the crossover capabilities.

Should i get a small amp for the mids/tweeters?

What would be the best hardware to mount everything with? (3/4" MDF)

I think i'm gonna get the Drivecore because it'll give me enough power for what i want out of my subs, and i'll take advantage of the crossover capabilities.

Should i get a small amp for the mids/tweeters?

What would be the best hardware to mount everything with? (3/4" MDF)

Probably wouldn't hurt. Be easier to design a crossover for the mids/tweets if you want to run them off one amp. If you don't know how to make or get the proper crossover, I'd say get a 4 channel amp of some sort if you can, or just get two amps, one to run the tweets, the other to do the mids.

POTATO!

Due to budget and time constraints, I have to forget about putting the subs in until I get some old stuff sold and some cash back in my wallet. So, for now, My only focus is to get the tweeters and mids wired up for a temporary system. I'm getting a Dayton class-T amp for the tweeters and I'm searching for an amp that'll put out around 100 watts per channel for the mids. Any suggestions on that would be great.

Also, what would be advantages of small mixer over a reciever?

Archived