Sonic Electronix

Need some big help with first set up..

Ok so I have a 2005 Mustang GT with a shaker 500 in it. I am looking to replace everything in it. Currently I have (2) Power Acoustik MOFO 122X subs (1500w RMS each), Kenwood DNX-9960 Head Unit, a pair of Kenwood KFC-P509PS speakers (5 - 45w RMS), a pair of Kenwwod KFC-X683C speakers (2 - 60w RMS), and a Power Acoustik STAX5500/1D sub amp (2500w @2ohm).

Since the Power Acoustic MOFO subs are dual 2-ohm, i intend on wiring them to 2ohm. My questions are...

1)What wiring kit do i need for my amp?

2)What wires do i need for my speakers? Or should i just use the stock speaker wiring..?

3)What amp do you suggest for my speakers? and what wiring kit do i need to wire it to the speakers?

I think those are all my questions.. thanks for the help!

then what is the 1/0 for?

sorry its kind of a dumb question.. I'm just trying to understand this whole audio thing... :shrug::ehh:

1/0 is power and ground. Amp requires it.

Oh also forgot put a 250 amp fuse on that 1/0

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

1/0 is for power and ground.

damn, rebel ninja'd me.

Edited by thecityxignites

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

lol jeez guys are you are noobs. that 5500 watt amp, which is the same as the kole version, and all the other brands that have "5500w" amps, have dual 4 gauge power/ground inputs.

because of the ridiculously retarded amplifier design that went into that amp, you need 2 4 gauge amp kits. i recommend knukonceptz or stinger wire.

find knukonceptz (get the kollosus line) at www.knukonceptz.com

those amp kits come with speaker wire last time i checked so you dont really need to order any. and depending on the kit, they come with RCA cables too.

edit: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17517_Power-Acoustik-STAX-5500-1D-STAX5500-1D.html 3rd picture, between the power/ground connections, red and white sticker says 4 gauge wire. so its not 1/0.

and by the way, $240 is alot of money for an amp that outputs 1800rms that is "low quality" like that. hell you can pick up an audiopipe 1800rms amp for like $180.

Edited by Kranny

1/0 for main wire, into a fused distribution block, then into NOTHING less than 4 ga going to each amp for powa, then the amp needs the same size cable to go to a ground. the 12 gauge is for sending the power to the speakers.

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.