2000 Toyota Celica build UPDATE New Subs In!!!!

Well, i have bad news and good news.

Bad news: i blew a head gasket on my car amd its gonna take $600 to get it fixed. :(

Good news: i got some new additions to the audio.

0810112219.jpg

They are two RE AUDIO SRi 10s. I will be getting a third one as soon as i pay for getting the car fixed.

I have more good news!

My grandpa just retired from being a salesman at a car dealership and called me yesterday. He told me he found an amp that someone left in a car when they traded it in.

FREE AMP FOR ME!

0816112241.jpg

downsized_0817112123.jpg

He found some 5 1/4 speakers too so i will have pics of those up here in a minute

Well guys, guess who just got a free $800 amp... THIS GUY!!

My friend's dad is a local dealer of a company called Wet Sounds and he is giving me 2 mono block amps and $125 cash just to build him a box for his truck and wire it all up.

I got one of the amps today to use for my car which i will be building a new box for as soon as it gets out of the shop from repair. The good thing is that these are marine amps so they will not pull much current but will put out plenty of power. 

Now lets dive into it shall we...(marine joke)

downsized_0824112211.jpg

Contains the amp, owners manual, bass knob, and a super long cord.

0824112211a.jpg

The bass knob

0824112212.jpg

Its shiny!!

0824112214.jpg

4 AWG inputs, 4 30 amp fuses and the speaker inputs.

0824112214a.jpg

Line inputs and all adjustments

0824112214b.jpg

Now for the new box. 

0824112242.jpg

The left drawing is a side view and the right drawing is a front view. The box will sit on top of the trunk divider/cargo storer and conform to the back of the seat. When looking from the front, it will house 3 10s. The side two subs will be angled with a 4x4 port in the lower right corner of the box.

• 2 months later...

Well we got it all fixed up now. I found an old probox to use so i got it.

c39fe94f.jpg

Wasn't really feeling it going through from page one, but the final product is actually really nice. Fits the cars flow 100X better that the upwards facing single sub. It looks nice and clean. You thinking of building a new box or fiberglass work in the trunk/hatch area?

Archived