So I stay in Chicago and i have a extra junk car laying around, thinking about painting it just to get the hang of painting cars for personal use.... anyone willing to shoot me some tips or fill in what ever info i am missing.

This is what I know

For some reason i should only use sand paper/sanding block to strip the paint off the car. as well as to sand the paint and primer and clear coat. So never use power tools

When sanding go in large X patterns and start from large grit to fine grit the finer the grit the better the finish.

Primer takes about 2 coats ? Base takes 3 or until it looks right? Clear takes 2 or 3

Never let any water get into the paint or on to the car while the paint is going on or is still wet.

I no a little about wet sanding

nothing about candy at all

dont no what to look for in paint supplies or paint as well as where to get it from

ummm and well all of my info is from google university and youtube institution and other then macco I dont no of any paint shops or places to learn so i really need help. THanks