99.5 Vdub Jetta Rf T2 12" (Huge update 8-13-09)

Well I started the build for ambers Jetta

Components going in are....

(1) Rockford Fosgate T2 12" Sub Dual 2 Ohm

(1) Rockford Fosgate T1000.1 bd

(1) Custom MLA Module

(1) Rockford Fosgate 360.1 DSP**** Later****

Big 3

and (2) Optima Yellow Tops

3/4" 10 ply Birch single baffle

On to pics....

First Peice I cut was the "wall" tryin my best to make is easy to remove if ever need be

Posted Image

Then I started with the Bottom piece takin measurements along the way

Posted Image

After I got the final numbers i started The sides and the top then tried a little Test Fitting you can see the seperate chamber for the amp and 2nd batt in this pic...

Posted Image

Mocking up some bracing

Posted Image

Then used some cardbord to "trace" the rear of the box

Posted Image

More Test Fitting

Posted Image

And a nice lil sub shot....

Posted Image

Il be finishing the whole inside with some Glass and Matte to seal her off stout

Hopefully in a couple days ill figure out my port sizing and Do the "Cut through" into the cab through the rear deck....all in all a very good start I think... Not bad for 3 hours eh?

Imma Take a shower now i smell like shit...

Alohas

TeamDeadlyHertz-smokeumtires.png

Cool cool. I likey. throw in an aero port and itll be louder! Gives me ideas for my taurus..

Team DC!

2005 F150 | Pioneer | Infinity Kappa 6x8's | MTX 3404 4 Channel | Q Logic Kicks | KNU | DC | AQ |

1998 Taurus | Alpine | Punch 5x7's | Rockford Fosgate | MTX | KNU |

Thanx... But i need help with the tuning i was gonna go with a 3 inch ABS tube...with a custom flare, Done with my lil torch, but i think my measurements might be off...3" round tube with 3 inch length in 2.75 cubic ft is what tuned? I came up with 39hz?

Updated....

The port is cut....

I didnt want this build to wait forever by ordering a port I have no money for..So I opted for some 6 inch interior diameter PVC i had layin around at my parents...

First i measured...

Then I measured

Then...

I measured again

Then I cut.......

Posted Image

On to the Metal in the rear deck....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Checking Fitment... Then I installed the box again and measured for the port and cut the box accordingly....

and Viola!!!! Rear deck PORTED!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also it just clears the T2 Massive magnent....So if can I might be loading a Fi BTL in here later on...THAT is gonna be loud

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had to move the bracing because of the port but its all mocked up and ready for Glass and Matte...Hopefully all that will be Outta the way by the end of the weekend....

cardboard ftw! its like a second memory in my garage. i can' count how many time is been a template for me.

im digging the port idea. one question. why not thru a factory speaker hole where its covered by a grill? seriously i have no rear fill in my car and my kids hear everything my components throw out from the front. unless there isnt rear speakers in the deck?

NEUMAN

Archived