Well I've been lurking around for a while and figured I'd finally let myself in on the fun. I'm on ROE most of the time but I think I may like it here more. So here's my build, I've been working on this for a while and have some more to do but I'll keep it updated as I go. It's a 2002 Explorer and everything is being done by myself. It's not a mega system but I think it will turn out pretty decent for a DIY project. I'll start with the old pictures and go in order form the tear out to the new install. Let me know what you think. Chris

Enclosure design

Posted Image

Performance mods

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Old connections

Posted Image

Old box in the back

Posted Image

Head unit (not changing)

Posted Image

Aluminum plate to make false floor

Posted Image

Building the box

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

member9971.png

Not too sure on my box building skills. I used the Calc on the RE Audio site, I know it's not super accurate but if it got it close I'll be happy. If it ends up having port noise I'll be asking you guys for some help for sure.

member9971.png

Not too sure on my box building skills. I used the Calc on the RE Audio site, I know it's not super accurate but if it got it close I'll be happy. If it ends up having port noise I'll be asking you guys for some help for sure.

No problem.

I could do you one right now, just in case you don't like it and can't get to a computer.

With your box dimensions I got 34hz for tunning.

No problem.

I could do you one right now, just in case you don't like it and can't get to a computer.

I'd appreciate it if you could do that, the only thing I'm trying to do for sure is keep it below the window line so 18" is about all I have to work with on the height

member9971.png

Archived