HOW LOW CAN I GO ? QUESTIONS NEED HELP PLEASE?

HOw low ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. HOW low should i go?

• 3/4 DJM drop ?
    • 4/5 drop ?

Hi,

I have an 88 chevy s10 and i was wanting to start doin alot of things to it...

So I am wanting to lower it but everythings so expensive and i was wondering if anyone had Everything id need if possible brand new in box or in good condition that wont break so i could lower my truck...

i am looking maybe 3-4 inches...might go little lower i dont know exactly but im for sure wanting to lower at least 3-4 inches...

I know i am going to need the whole kit and new springs because cant use stock or will hurt stuff...

But i am kind of a noob when it comes to lowering so i really dont know how low i could go on my truck ...i want to go real low without cutting into anything or having to cut my bed and stuff...but dont want it super low where i couldnt even go ever a small bump lol

so if anyone could explain a little and help me figure out how low i could go and whats a good amount and explain about the whole lowering and wat ill need exactly to replace and get...

:help:

So if anyone has a kit and springs and everything i need for a good price please message me thank you...or kno of a good website or place to get them real cheap but really good and wont break please let me know

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!!!

:D

More questions i had ?

well do i need spindles if i get control arms or can i use both ?

Like i was looking at a place and thought i should get belltech struts shocks..front and back...

Sprint lowering springs,blocks,u bolt kit....

DJM 3/4 drop kit....

andysautosport is place i seen and found this but i really have no clue exactly WHAT I NEED TO BUY ?? lol...to drop it...LOW!!!

but is those things i should get...shocks...struts...springs..blocks..?

and more....

was looking at GCustoms and...

they got a 3/4 rear drop lowering kit by DJM...which i liked and had...

front spindles..

front coil springs...

Rear blocks...

then i thought i need shocks also right ? they got

Toxic drop shocks for front and back but idk if i need up to 4 inch max drop on the shocks one of if i need the 5 inch min because if i lower i want to go low but also i have a feeling that if i do the 3/4 drop kit and do the shocks and springs and all that will lower it more no ? idk...

ANYONE HELP PLEASE ?? lol...cant figure it out...

and cant find a lowering leaf spring kit set thing ?

thanks for yalls time and help...= )

well do i need spindles if i get control arms or can i use both ?? like can i use both and it drop me more or give me more drop and control and nice ride idk ? wat ?

I also ride on 15" rims i think..pretty sure if that will help fig out wat i can do and if be lower cuz smaller size ? thanks anyone help fig that whole tire size thing out also thanks ?

if i had that type of money i would...or hydralics...

i am 16 dude lol...just getting license and wanting to drop it make it look nice and put a system...

anyone want to answer questions now please ?

You'll find all the info you need over at www.s10forum.com. If you want low go with a 5/6 drop. Spindles are (imo) the best way to lower but are only good for 2". Springs are the easiest and cheapest but are a good bit of work and you still need to bust loose the stock spindles anyway just to change springs. You can drop as much as 3" with springs. Control arms are imo a waste. They follow the same principal as using a lowering spring but are more work to install and more expensive. No matter what you do make sure to get an alignment immediately afterwards. The easiest & cheapest way to drop the rear is to use blocks. For a good bit of drop you're also gonna need to look at getting the frame notched. If you don't you'll bottom out on any kind of bumps.

If you don't have any experience with this stuff then I highly recommend finding someone who does or take the truck to a professional and pay them to do it.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

You'll find all the info you need over at www.s10forum.com. If you want low go with a 5/6 drop. Spindles are (imo) the best way to lower but are only good for 2". Springs are the easiest and cheapest but are a good bit of work and you still need to bust loose the stock spindles anyway just to change springs. You can drop as much as 3" with springs. Control arms are imo a waste. They follow the same principal as using a lowering spring but are more work to install and more expensive. No matter what you do make sure to get an alignment immediately afterwards. The easiest & cheapest way to drop the rear is to use blocks. For a good bit of drop you're also gonna need to look at getting the frame notched. If you don't you'll bottom out on any kind of bumps.

If you don't have any experience with this stuff then I highly recommend finding someone who does or take the truck to a professional and pay them to do it.

alright thanks and will do and yeah im member on s10forum found this and just wanted to ask and see if learn anything else... = ) thanks for your input tho...i think i know what to get now lol...

So 4/5 is winning what about a 5/6 ? anyone think that be good...

and anyone know what parts i need to lower it exactly i know i need shocks springs blockks and everything but dont exactly know what to get and sizes and everything like i do but dont...haha thanks

I wish i could find some people that has 88 s10 pickup extended cab like i have and they have like 3/4..and 4/5 drops and 5/6 drops so i can see and see exactly which one i want...

slam that muffuga! 5/6 ftw!!! B)

5/6 would slam it ? dude if i slammed it how da heck am i sopposse to go over speed bumps lol ?

i live in florida its nothing but them most the places lol..heck i could even go up my drive way if did that...

but hey you tell me where and what parts i need i will look into it and see what i can fig up to buy them and do it!!!

lol http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Archived