Jump to content

08tahoe

Members
  • Posts

    1502
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 08tahoe

  1. Ya another thing is I got used to controling my radio through the steering wheel lol, and if I get a different hu I won't be able to do that and my Ipod also conects to the back of my h/u through an interface, So I can control that through the steering wheel also. So ya the processor would be the best thing to do, and like u said if I get rid of this car I can just take the processor out. And ya I think the hardest part for me would be setting up the controls so if I get stuck I will definantly hit u up.
  2. Ya I did that also. I checked the speaker wires where I hook up the hi/low converters to check at what volume my h/u destorts at. I did that with the cd and also through the ipod. And with the cd it the highest vol before it destorts is 30 out of 40 and with the Ipod its 33 out of 40. But ya I think your right about the processor instead of another hu
  3. Ya who cares what temp it is, but its just kinda nice to be able to set it at a certain temp, but a system is more important . I just never really cared about a different hu cause I thought the hi/low converters were working just fine for me but now that I'm learning more thanks to the dd-1 I see that they cause distortion and I don't like em. I just looked into the kits for my car really quick and some of the good ones with the ac controls cost about 200 and I saw some cheap ones for around 25 and those just add a stereo under the stock one. I was thinking that if I spend about 200 on the good kit and 200 on another hu that would add up to just getting a 3sixty so I don't know which one imma do yet. Imma look into it some more.
  4. Don't be sorry bro you were really helpful and I appreciate that! But ya I'm not waisting anymore money on those things. Imma just look into that 3sixty or maybe a kit for my head unit and just say fuck the ac thing lol
  5. Lol. ya that's the master plan for now lol
  6. Man i had already gave up a long time ago but I was doing the test cause you were trying to help me lol. But I just did the test and I remember that I had tried that also, and the problems with that is that with the high low converter almost all the way down before it destorts the signal light and 40hz light never comes on remember, and I don't think that's good cause in that vid that got posted by BJD3 it shows that that's not good. And then when I try to set the gains on the amp I can turn the gain all the way up and none of the light ever come up, and I even tried to turn the bass boost up all the way just to see if the distortion light came on and it didn't either.
  7. The funny thing is that I don't think I tried that because I guess I figuered that my volume would be really low. Imma go try it and let you know what happens.
  8. No, I did it that way also trust me if you were here you would have seen how many ways I tried it. I did it right the first time and since the hi/low converter was distorting right away like it did today then I tried my own different ways and set it like that to the highest vol that I used to listen to it before I got the dd-1 which was 18. Edit: I shouldve just said that when I got the 1v reading I had the gains on the hi low converter set higher since I guess I did confuse you.
  9. I hope this doesn't get confusing but when the hi low converter was reading 1v I had the gains on it set higher. But when I had set the gains on it since it was desorting right away I had the volume on the hu set to the highest I used to play my system at wich was 18 out of 40 so with a lower volume and me setting it through my amp and the gain on the amp all the way up I set the gains on the hi/lo one at a time to the highest I could before it destorted. And then after that I plugged both rca's to the amp and set the gain on that to the highest before it destorted. I know I did it weird but I was just doing a lot of testing and trying one thing or another. So remember I told you that I checked the voltage on the hi/lo with the vol at 18 the firt time and I got .2v and then I turned the volume up to 33 and that's when I got 1v. So the reason I got 0v reading on the hi/lo is cause I tested the voltage on it with the gains on it turned pretty much all the way down cause that's as far as I coult turn them withought them distorting. Edit: and about the crossover, I never got to setting my gains on the full range amp cause I didnt figure out the hi/lo converter part. So all the testing I was doing was on my sub amp and mainly the sub hi/lo converter but also the my other two hi/low converters a lil. And I never messed with my highs/mids amp.
  10. You know I meant I'd buy you a bottle or a 12 pack of your favorite non-alcoholic drink right lol. Ya you know way more than I do, and I'm 27. And I'm pretty sure I can get a aftemarket hu kit for my car and it would just move the a/c knobs to a different spot but I like that it shows the temperature and stuff on my h/u screen. But imma look into that 3sixty unless i get a tahoe so I can put some bigger subs in it lol I've been wanting one just to put some badass beat in it but that's just a dream at this point.
  11. Oh shit well I take that back then, I didn't even think that you could be under 21. Ya I wish my a/c wasn't connected to my hu cause I would definatly have a different hu.
  12. Ya they are.. So that's the next step in my system then, thanks again so much for your help kickass audio! If u lived close I'd buy u a bottle or a 12 pack of your favorite drink to show my appreciation
  13. Yes I did, but I tried it so many different ways that I can't remember exacly what happened when I tried that one but i will try it again tomorrow and let you know what happens. Ok so I went back and started over from the start to where I found my hu clipped at. And the highest unclipped vol was 33 out of 40, that's playing the tones through my ipod. And then I did the next step and tested the hi/low converter with my hu at 33 And what happened when I tested it at 40hz -0db was the hi/low converter clips right away as soon as I start to turn the gain knob on it, the signal and 40hz light don't even light up, and I checked the voltage on it at that level and its 0v. And with the 1khz -0db I can turn the hi/low converter all the way up and the distortion light never comes on but neither does the signal or 1khz light.. So that's what made me make this thread in the first place, to find out if I was doing it right and if I was using the right tones. But now that I know I am then I know its just the hi/lo converter that just distorts right away. So that pretty much means they are trash right?, well at least if you want to have your system set up correctly and not distorting? I also tested the hi/low converter with every other tone on the disk just in case you want to know the results but none of them were good.
  14. Yes I did, but I tried it so many different ways that I can't remember exacly what happened when I tried that one but i will try it again tomorrow and let you know what happens.
  15. Ok I had done it wrong but I re-read your post on how to check it, so I went back and tried it again cause I had tried it at low volume wich was 18 out of 40 wich was the highest vol I was playing where i set it at yesterday. But I just did it to where my head unit clips at wich is 33 out of 40 and I got 1.0v
  16. Cool, I'll be sure not to get the .1 then.. And ya I just was posting about my voltage lol
  17. I almost for got to do this cause I came home and added some new ground wire on my big 3 from the alt to the batt. But I just tried it and I think I set it to the right setting. I put the dmm on ACV and set it to 200 and I played the 40hz tone and the hi/lo converter reads .2v on the 1khz it reads 0v my dmm only has a 500 setting and a 200 setting for ACV and on the 500 setting it reads 0
  18. Thanks BJD3 ill check that one out also but I thinK imma just get a 3sixty. And thanks for the info kickass imma save up and see if I get a .2 and if by that time the .3 comes out then ill just get that one instead. I think it will be nice to have that.
  19. Yup and I had watched that video already but since he said it was a ground loop isolater I thought my issue was probably different but at the end he calls it a line level converter so that's where I got confused
  20. Do u know when the 3sixty.3 comes out? I gotta save up to get one. I was thinking earlier how come aftermarket head units don't have the problem that stock headunits have and I was thinking that its probably something little that has to be added cause how is it that a aftemarket h/u is better than a stock? So if its possible to make a aftermarket h/u with rca's that don't clip like the hi/lo converters than there has to be something you can add to stock ones and I guess something like the 3sixty is what can be added to it. Also is that white noise track you talked about the same thing as pink noise track? Cause the smd disk comes with a pink noise track.
  21. Thanks for the link! But if the rf 3sixty.2 works for you then I might just look into that one instead. If it will make my stock h/u sound way better and I don't have the issue I'm having with these cheap converters than that would be great, it would be perfect cause I don't want to get rid of my h/u and im down to spend some money on the 3sixty instead of having to buy a whole new h/u
  22. No it doesn't seem like your screwing with me, cause everything you've told me to do makes a lot of sence and I apreciate your help a lot!! But really I think it is the hi/lo converter. I think I'm just gonna have to look into that cause I'm willing to try anything that will work and if you think that will fix my problem then I'm ready to dump the hi/lo converters for the 3sixty.2
  23. Ya it will work the only problem I'm having is that the hi/lo converter destorts right away, its like you can't even turn the gain up at all on it and that's why I'm thinking hi/lo converters suck. But what I did with mine for now is that I put the volume lower on my h/u than what it clips at(but as loud as I'm gonna listen to it) and then set the gain on my amp all the way up, then turned the gains up on the hi/lo converter (first left gain then right gain as kickass explained in his post) as much as I could before it distroted then after that I pluged both rca's to my amp and set the gains on it.
  24. Ya I'm thinking they are trash, imma try that tomorrow and let u know what happens.
  25. I wish u did live closer cause we'd both be here trying to figure this out lol.. Well I had already tried that but I just tried it again. And what happens is that as soon as I start turning the gain up on the hi lo converter just a little the distortion light on the dd-1 comes on right away. But at a lower h/u volume I am able to go higher on the hi/lo gain before the distortion light comes on. I've been trying so much that my low batt light on my dd-1 already came on lol.
×
×
  • Create New...