aftermarket alarm disables factory alarm?

Well its been a fun day, Happy to buy the family a Chrysler town and country used go to work and come home look it over some more and when I open the hood BLAM!!! an alarm goes off and on the dash it says something like alarm set or something like that. Well we did not get a alarm key fob at all and feel the banana fingers from car lot poking my eyes. Now I am left wondering if I get an aftermarket alarm installed will it disable the factory alarm which I would like to do. Or do I go to the dealership and have them have there way with me lol? Thanks for advise. :ehh:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Do you mean to disable the factory alarm put the key in driver side door and turn it to the left twice to disable alarm? I'm thinking it would be cheaper getting something like this installed

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18470_Viper-350-Plus-P-N-3105V.html

rather than going to dealership and getting charged more.

Edited by crunkjuice1

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response haven't been on here for a bit. You could go that route, at least it would give you keyless entry as well as some added security. Without that the key in the door is the only way to control the factory alarm.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

most aftermarket alarms will have the ability to disable the factory alarm, but only temporary, all it does is pulse the alarm wires, there is one wire that turns it on, and one that turns it off in most vehicles, and the viper modules have a wire for each, being that its Chrysler, it may have one wire that uses resistors, but the same idea still, should take care of it, most of the time you have to meter the wire while turning the key in the door as that activates or deactivates the wires much of the time, so you don't set off factory alarm systems by using the key to get in your car

when you lock the car with aftermarket it will arm factory alarm, and aftermarket

when you unlock with aftermarket it will deactivate both, same with when you remote start, it will deactivate the factory so that it can start and not think its being stolen

Good luck :D

if you want remote start with it you could pick up a 5701 viper, http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/5202VB/Viper_5701_2_Way_Responder_Security_Remote_Start_System.html that site had them for like $90 not long ago, you could still contact them, if you can't put it in yourself installation will be the most expensive part of this, otherwise its really cheap, depending on your year you may need a bypass module also, but only if you do remote start

Edited by dereileak

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)