So I got my meter in the mail today. I bought the single sensor with the LCD hand held. I am super stoked to try it out. I made a little box opening vid but cant upload it till I get home.

I will say I am honestly not impressed with the way its built. I mean dont get me wrong, I have seen the videos of this thing in action and that is whats important. But cosmetically, the decals are not really sized very well. They fit but are placed on the case uneven and had a few bubbles in them. the decal that surrounds the actual LCD screen does not fit very good either. there is sort of an indented area around teh screen where the decal should be placed but the decal is too large and does not sit down in its spot correctly.

The hand held portion feels very empty. I am sure there is not much going on inside this thing but I bet it could be scaled down quite a bit. It just feels really light and is bulky in your hand. I am no small guy 6'3" 300lbs so its not like I have small hands either

The sensor is pretty identical to the TermLab sensor. However it does just seem like they bough some of those little black hobby boxes that you can pick up from radioshack or something. The suction cups are far from being installed evenly. They are attached with screws. I would have like to see them pressed into the case rather than screwed on. Also the pressure sensor that should be located in the center between the suction cups, well its not center. The hole is but the sensor is kinda off to one side of the hole.

The wires look okay. The cable that goes from the meter to the sensor looks half way decent, but that could be just because it has chrome ends and everyone likes chrome! The USB cord is just a standard cord, should work just fine for updates and connecting to the computer in general. It also came with a cigarette lighter adapter. I am happy about that!

The hand held runs off of two AA batteries, not included And about that, the spot where you install the batteries, well it just seems kinda cheap. The batteries fit a little loose and the springs dont seem very strong.

No instructions and no software. I am sure it saves money by not having to print out manuals for each meter but I would be nice. Also if your not going to print manuals they could at least include a CD with the manual on it and the software.

So somethings I would change if I could, or better put, some suggestion I have about this are:

*Make the handheld smaller and easier to hold.

*Better QC on the sensors.

*Set the suction cups into the sensor housing rather than screwing them on.

*Batteries! Include a pair even if they are some cheap batteries. An even better idea would to make a rechargable hand held with an internal battery that can be charged via AC adapter or cig lighter

*Redesign the decals, the Bass meter would look so much more professional if the decals were straight and fit in the grooves better. The bubbles under the decals dont help either.

* A case, this should really come with a case to carry it in. I am probably just going to go buy a cheap camera case but it would be nice to have it come with one.

* At least a CD with the software and users manual if not a hard copy of the manual.

Now I know I probably seem pretty damn negative but I am not. I am actually really excited that I got this. I have been wanting a meter for a long time and if it wasn't for SPL LAB I still wouldn't have one. $1000 is just to much to pay for a meter (termlab).

I will take some pics and post them up later along with a couple videos that I am going to make.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

This is my unboxing video. I have two more vids uploading right now so I will post them when they are done.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

d(-__-)b

450. They also have ones u use with a computer. Check em out on caco under the SPL LAB section

d(-__-)b

I am a little upset with the suction cups... I cannot get the sensor to stay put for more than a minute or so. As much as I didnt want to I wet them with a little water and that didnt help at all. I might try to get a new sensor.

d(-__-)b

Well hopefully its accurate enough for you. I'm with you on ur expectations for the unit itself, for 450 dollars it looks like they could of made it a little better, or sold it for a little cheaper, but it is what it is.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Cool thing is, they are open to suggestions unlike this other company I know. They have already contacted me about my issues and are willing to work with me. So that's very cool as far as I am concerned.

Last vid uploaded!

d(-__-)b

I might have to get me one in a few weeks, thanks for the truthful review!

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg