Sundown Audio

Cooked my amp

ahoz28

Well my guess is ur low voltage is what cooked it and not all amps will go into protect some will just straight out blow. my advice to u is if ur running that kind of amp ur running some power then i take it, i would invest in a better electrical system atleast replacing the front battery and adding a battery in the back perferably a good battery. Some examples are XS, Stinger, Optima (yellow top), Kinetik to name a few.

If ur still getting bad voltage drop i suggest getting a new alt also, yea all this costs money but its better than putting strain on ur electrical system and blowing amps, replacing spark plugs getting shitty gas mileage and so on.

So to sum it all up Batts first, then if that dont take care of it replace the alt and do the big 3.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Well my guess is ur low voltage is what cooked it and not all amps will go into protect some will just straight out blow. my advice to u is if ur running that kind of amp ur running some power then i take it, i would invest in a better electrical system atleast replacing the front battery and adding a battery in the back perferably a good battery. Some examples are XS, Stinger, Optima (yellow top), Kinetik to name a few.

If ur still getting bad voltage drop i suggest getting a new alt also, yea all this costs money but its better than putting strain on ur electrical system and blowing amps, replacing spark plugs getting shitty gas mileage and so on.

So to sum it all up Batts first, then if that dont take care of it replace the alt and do the big 3.

Thanks for the reply. I knew better but got carried away testing. I usually just burb it and stop but I guess it just had enough damage to fail. I was playing test tones at 48hz, where voltage drops more than my electrical can handle with the car off =@:noob:

Archived