Ariel42089 Posted February 27, 2011 Report Posted February 27, 2011 I have a few questions that I tried searching for but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if someone could point this out for me.. I'm still learning Example: 8 speakers that are 4 ohm 100 RMS each Rockford Fosgate Power T600-4 -- 4channel amp Specs: 4 ohms: 100 watts x 4 chan -- 2 ohms: 150 watts x 4 chan Questions: -If 2 mids were wired in parallel to lower the ohms from 4 ohms to 2 ohms. Would both of the speakers get 150 watts each or would they each only be getting 75 watts each? -Is it best to do it this way? or would it be better just to run 4 mids per 1 amp and just buy another amp? -i read somewhere it increases distortion.. is that true?(running 8speakers per 1 amp) -Is it possible to do this with component speakers with the crossover they come with? running 2 sets (2mids 2 tweets) on one channel. or is that pushing it? Should just run tweets off of a separate amp and mids on the other? thanks in advance trying to see what all i need to purchase for my build and the best way to do it. any websites with these answers would be helpful also
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.