Second Skin Audio

Should I switch. Steve, what do you think?

I currently have two RE SX 15s in 8 cubes net with 114 sq in of port tuned to roughly 32Hz.  I have two eD nine.1s strapped @ 2 ohm running them.  Depending on voltage I'm getting about 1500 rms to each sub.  I'm debating what to do to get more bass.  I am thinking about selling the SXs and buying two more nine.1s, then getting two Fi BTL 15s.  3000 rms on each.  I have a couple of questions and a couple of problems.  What are yalls opinions on the swap idea?  What's the differece in the BTL with the third magnet slug?  How does this affect perfomance?  Here is the problem.  I have a 200 amp alt that is a bolt on app.  I don't believe I have room for a dual alt setup in my 3.1L Grand Prix.  By the way the backseat is taken out and the sub are firing forward in a custom glass and mdf box.  I can't seem to find anything on an Iraggi 300 amp bolt on.  This is what I would like to find but don't know if it exists.  If not, what are my options for larger alts with custom fabed mounting brackets?  How large of an alt do I really need.  Would the Yellow Top in my trunk be sufficient or would I need more?  Maybe a couple Kinetiks?  Let me know what you think.

Current Setup : Nothing
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Something along those lines.

This is my install.  Just did it a few weeks ago.  Still not finished but I got tired of fucking sanding and just hooked everything up.  Scroll down past the first post and you'll find the pics.

http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=29551

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

I have not yet but intend to.  I'd like to get into something more like bass race rather than db drag.  I'm not really set up for burps.  The box is tuned to 32 Hz which works great for music.  Resonating freq is somewhere in the high 50s to 60s i think.  This is a d/d so I didn't want to drive around with a fart box for a substage.  I probably won't due as well as I hope in bass race because 32 is still really low tuning but as long as I have fun.  And who knows, maybe ill win a trophy or two.

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

I understood the BTL to be a little more SQ oriented than the MT.  Am I wrong?  And what is the difference with the third magnet?  How does this affect performance?

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4

Guest MegaloManiac

3rd magent is so a longer voice coil will fit an a lot more wattage. as far as i know the BTL is pretty much the same as a MT despite the cooling option. Scott use to be part owner of RE, he designed the MT,from what i have read, he didnt use the "exact" design...but they are ncorpotated with minor adjustments.

well I have seen both up close and personal, I have heard both in a very loud great sounding vehicle.

They are simialr in design/ looks/ output which is better I do not know. the Fi is cheaper I do know, I have a pair of MT 18's, they are gonna get fi btl soft parts, they will see a great deal of power 3 to 5 k each for music(bassrace), soon as its done I will post up some videos.

So how bout two BTL 15s with the thrid magnet and all the cooling extras with 3000 rms on each in 8 cubes @ 32 hz.  Sound like a plan?

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatch

Future looking like:

Singer / XS power

Crescendo BC3500D

CT EXO 15

Pioneer 80PRS

CDT HD-61PRO

CT Sounds M75.4

CT Sounds AT60.4