Is stock enough for 1400 rms?

60-90amp alt isn't going to cut it for that kind of power(assuming you're not wanting any drop at all).

i beg to differ. i drop .2-.3 on full tilt (never below 14), driving, with a 70 amp alt with 1 walmart battery and the big 2. i have an audioque 1200 and an rf 200a4

that shouldnt be a problem with 1400 watts. and thats at full tilt also. just like these guys say get a big alt. (really big if you plan on upgrading) big 3 use 0 gauge and youll be fine

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

60-90amp alt isn't going to cut it for that kind of power(assuming you're not wanting any drop at all).

i beg to differ. i drop .2-.3 on full tilt, driving, with a 70 amp alt with 1 walmart battery and the big 2. i have an audioque 1200 and an rf 200a4

but thats driving. at idel you see a bigger voltage drop?

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

i beg to differ. i drop .2-.3 on full tilt, driving, with a 70 amp alt with 1 walmart battery and the big 2. i have an audioque 1200 and an rf 200a4

i dont play at idle because every time im at idle there are other cars by me and im not trying to become a disturbance.

i dont play at idle because every time im at idle there are other cars by me and im not trying to become a disturbance.

ok resonanable lol. voltage drop is a BITCH lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

i beg to differ. i drop .2-.3 on full tilt (never below 14), driving, with a 70 amp alt with 1 walmart battery and the big 2. i have an audioque 1200 and an rf 200a4

Damn. I have the exact same set-up (except box tuning and the RF amp) and at about half way my voltage drops into the mid to low 13s. Even with stock eighty(or maybe 90..) amp alternator and gains set to Torres' chart it drops like crazy.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

So basically, a HO alt is the only way to "cure" (I use the term loosely) voltage drop when the car is running? Do HO alts put out higher amps than stock even at idle?

yes a high output alternator is the only way to essentially cure voltage drop, as that is the thing that creates the power that turns on everything in your car. and it depends on the alternator but yes most alternators output more power at idle than stock alternators. some bigger alternators output more power at idle than your stock alt can at full power.

DC is a bit out of your price range I think. Just looked up alternators from them for your Pilot and the lowest is $389 for a 180 amp alt.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

Archived