Is stock enough for 1400 rms?

I am in the process of adding a second amp to my system. It will consist of two RF Punch P500-1 amps, knukoncepts dual amp 0 gauge wiring kit, and two dc level 3 12s. Right now everything is stock with the electrical, and I'm in the process of building the box for the subs/installing the second amp.

My question is, what will I need to do to keep from getting a voltage drop?

I plan on doing the big 3, and this is going in an 04 Honda Pilot with a 60 or 90 amp stock alt.

I want to only upgrade what's necessary and do it with a tight budget. Thanks for any help.

I am in the process of adding a second amp to my system. It will consist of two RF Punch P500-1 amps, knukoncepts dual amp 0 gauge wiring kit, and two dc level 3 12s. Right now everything is stock with the electrical, and I'm in the process of building the box for the subs/installing the second amp.

My question is, what will I need to do to keep from getting a voltage drop?

I plan on doing the big 3, and this is going in an 04 Honda Pilot with a 60 or 90 amp alt.

I want to only upgrade what's necessary and do it with a tight budget. Thanks for any help.

your gonna need a bigger alt for no voltage drop nothing huge 160 amper should do it

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

60-90amp alt isn't going to cut it for that kind of power(assuming you're not wanting any drop at all). Like someone said, a 160amp or so alt will be good for when you're driving around...chances are you'll still have some drop when idling. I have a 160amp stock alt and can still dim my lights when idling with just 800 watts. Granted, they're all class a/b.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

I'll see what I can find locally and I'll ask mechman and dc to see what options there are.

I just found a yellow top in town for a good price that I will be putting under the hood, but it's only gonna cost about $75 and is 1 mo old.

Will rewinding not present any overheating problems? Idk what rewinding really means either lol

so full tilt youll be using 70 amps from your alt. a 160 will deff do it but im pretty sure you can just get another battery in the back and be fine. but someone will chime in and tell me if im correct.

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

I'll see what I can find locally and I'll ask mechman and dc to see what options there are.

I just found a yellow top in town for a good price that I will be putting under the hood, but it's only gonna cost about $75 and is 1 mo old.

Will rewinding not present any overheating problems? Idk what rewinding really means either lol

What kind of car is it?

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

04 Honda Pilot

And I'm going to try not to put a second battery in as the box I designed fits the shape of the back, just behind my second row seat so I can still haul snowboards and stuff in the back. Sorry if it sounds like I'm being picky

Archived