Is stock enough for 1400 rms?

So the idle really is going to be lower unless someone from the company says otherwise..that's what it seems to be. I think a brand new aftermarket may be the best bet at this point, which helps a lot! I just don't want to fry my car (I doubt 1400 watts will) but I'd rather not take chances, plus I know that everything should sound much better with adequate power.

i still dont understand how you absolutely need a new alternator. do you think your car is going to blow up or something? i mean its your money and everything, im just voicing my opinion. but yes, the idle output will be much lower than stock if the pulley is the same size and alls they changed is the stator

Well my alt is starting to go bad (I had a suspicion and have confirmed it) as it's only putting out 12.5 volts when running now, even revved. It's also only 60 amps max, I just confirmed that with a dealership. It's going to have to be replaced anyway so I thought why not go ahead and upgrade since I also plan on upgrading to much more powerful amps/subs and mids/highs within the next year or so.

My .02......

Go with the bigger aftermarket alt. You'll be happy in the end that way. Plus there is no way of knowing how long a "re-wound" alt will last. I mean depending on your cars milage it could last a while but doubtful.

Nobody said bass was cheap. There's a reason Meade doesn't post his reciepts.....

wishin' I could be as fly as you fine folks......

try ebay for a high amp alt theres a guy on there that has rebuilds that arent bad at all like a 150 amp for my 98 neon is $150 and the dudes got 100% feedback so he must be doing something right. idk if this was mentioned but another thing u can do is get a smaller pully for ur alt to give it a little more output

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Archived