Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

n00b time ~ Amp hookup BAMF4000watt


Recommended Posts

Posted

So I managed to pick up a Power Acoustik BAMF 4000/1D

Its not the best amp, considering it puts out as much as my old Soundsteam 1700watt amp.

But hey, its gonna be for a month or two.

So anyways to move on with the topic.

This amp has 2 sets of Positive & 2 sets of Negative speaker outputs.

The boggles me on a Mono Block Single Channel amp.

Currently I am running 4 10" subs with a power handling of 400rms 800watts each. Memphis Mojo M3's to be exact ( M3104D )

I have them all in a single box with each having thier own chamber and the subs are wired in sets of two.

They are Dual 4ohm Subs and two of them are wired together at 4 ohm. And the other two are wired at 4 ohm.

With both paired together it comes out to 2ohm on my DMM. Which is what I am looking for.

This means I have two sets of Speaker Wire coming from my subs. So two pos. and two neg.

I am confused as I need the amp to see 2ohm to all the lines. But with the amp having two separate pos & neg it boggles me as to how I would hook it up.

If you are confused about what the setup I have looks like. Let me know and I will draw up a quick picture for you to explain.

Thank You for any and all help.

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

Posted

there is 2 of each for easy wiring that is all

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

________________________________________________________________________

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

Posted

there is 2 of each for easy wiring that is all

thats what I originally thought, so basically wiring one pos and on neg to each will still show the amp 2 ohm?

Sweet!

Thanks Boss!

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

Posted

yes. you can use 2 terminals or all 4. the amp parallels itself internally so no worry.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8972 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...