XS Power

Front & Rear Batt in 04 Impala SS running 1.5k-3k watts

What battery would work for me up front and what would you recommend as a rear battery for me for a 2004 Impala SS. I am running a 1500d at full tilt with a 240amp alternator (135@idle),0awg Big 3,Yellowtop up front and a volt booster sitting @14.9v-15v..But when im sitting at a light jamming to some lows that are constant and never give my system to recharge, would keeping the yellowtop up front since its fairly new and just throwing a XS battery big enough to keep my volts up for at least 5min at idle. How big of a battery would I need and how long could it keep the volts up at a stop before it starting to drop.I also plan on upgrading to a SAZ-2500 in the close future so going overkill on the rear battery would be better than doing just enough. Also I think putting in your D680 battery or whatever the small one would honestly be efficent enough to at least keep my volts around 13.5v but I just need something that can do that for a little longer period of time. Any suggestions? I just want the rear for now but maybe would consider swapping the front if just putting a D3400 under the hood could do the trick without even needing a 2nd battery

2004 Impala SS (2 Tone)

Kenwood DDX-512 (Nav,XM,Bluetooth,Ipod)

Optima Yellowtop

240amp PB Alternator

ZZP S2 Volt Booster

Stinger SPV70 Battery(Trunk)

Big 3(x2) Monster 1/0

50ft Monster P400 1/0

Monster I401 2C-4M RCA

Memphis 16-VBF1 Line Driver

Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5" Comps

Memphis 15-MC92 6x9" Rears

15" Memphis CM Mojos

Custom 4.3cube @32hz Enclosure

Digital Deisgns M3a(Black)[email protected]

"Yes I hear you...But can you feel me?"

• 2 months later...

I have a hard time thinking or even dreaming/wishing a D3400 would fit..I need a battery thats similar to the G34 Yellowtop I believe? If Im replacing my fairly new yellowtop it would be need to be for something 55+44=99ah or more..Yellowtop=55ah and I was going to add a SPV44 (44ah) to my 2 spv70's but if I can just get a front battery bigger than 100ah then I'd rather do that instead of having to build a new battery box..I think someone said a D5100 once but I dunno the ah & amps on that

2004 Impala SS (2 Tone)

Kenwood DDX-512 (Nav,XM,Bluetooth,Ipod)

Optima Yellowtop

240amp PB Alternator

ZZP S2 Volt Booster

Stinger SPV70 Battery(Trunk)

Big 3(x2) Monster 1/0

50ft Monster P400 1/0

Monster I401 2C-4M RCA

Memphis 16-VBF1 Line Driver

Memphis 15-MCC6 6.5" Comps

Memphis 15-MC92 6x9" Rears

15" Memphis CM Mojos

Custom 4.3cube @32hz Enclosure

Digital Deisgns M3a(Black)[email protected]

"Yes I hear you...But can you feel me?"

Well the first thing to do is forget about AH ratings. They have nothing to do with what you are going to need the battery for. The D3400 will fit up front in the stock location. You could leave the yellow top and just put a D3100 in the back for the extra capacity. All depends on if you want to replace the front battery or leave it.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg