Im (TRYING) wiring them 2 a 4 Channel Amp

Amp specs

Power (RMS) at 13.8volts:

125w x4 channels at 4 ohms

250w x4 channels at 2 ohms

500w x2 bridged at 4 ohms

250w x2 bridged at 8 ohms

Fully stable into 2 ohms stereo and 4 ohms bridged

I Cant wrap my mind around how to wire this should i just buy another amp ?

Edited by DeathByBass

So for the 8 ohm speakers, you are gonna have to use 8, not 10. Take four of them and wire all your negatives and positives together, then wire those to one output on the amp. That gives you 4 speakers with a 2ohm load. Do the same for the other 4, and you have two of your amps outputs used for all of your 8 ohms speakers. They are 50watts rms, and the amp is 250watts, so the speakers are just barely overpowered...not enough to harm them. And I'd do the same thing with the tweeters...gives you a 2ohm load for all 4 tweeters, and they are powered just right. You will have one extra output on the amp, but you should be good.

mivtCK.png

Now, I'm hoping that would work. I can't promise how it will turn out, because I have never left one output open like that...but in theory it should be fine. Try this website and look around. It has an ohm load calculator that you can manipulate things and find out final ohm loads.

mivtCK.png

So for the 8 ohm speakers, you are gonna have to use 8, not 10.

If my understanding of physics is correct, that isn't necessarily so. You COULD wire 3 of the speakers in parallel, then the other 2 speakers in parallel, and then wire those sets in series (on each channel.) So you'd probably do 6 speakers up front, 4 in back, or vice versa. This would give you a 6.67 ohm load, so you'd be getting less power from the amp altogether. But also, you would have less power going to the speakers in the set set of 3 speakers than the ones in the set of 2 (let's say the amp puts out 100W at 6.67 ohms.. each of the speakers in the set of 2 would get 30W each, and the speakers in the set of 3 would get 13.3W each.)

I've never applied this concept to speakers, but it should work like that. Probably best to just use 8 speakers, but if you'd rather use 10, I hope this helps. I was mostly just bored and felt like doing some math.

Edited by LZTYBRN

Also, for the tweeters, you can still use both outputs, just wire 2 of them together in parallel on one channel, and the same for the other channel. You end up with a 4 ohm load on each channel, and each tweeter gets 62.5W

Don't think it would be a good idea to use only one left channel or one right channel. It's quite noticeable on some songs. But then again, like I said, I've never really wired speakers, so what do I know.

Edited by LZTYBRN

^^^I'm no expert on ohm loads and all that, i just know how to figure them and the basics...but I don't think you can mix the loads on the outputs of the amp. Example, you can't have two of them at 2 ohms, and two at 4 ohms. Not sure if it would fry the amp, or just average out to a total 3 ohm load all around, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that safely. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

mivtCK.png

Also, for the tweeters, you can still use both outputs, just wire 2 of them together on one channel, and the same for the other channel. You end up with a 4 ohm load on each channel, and each tweeter gets 62.5W

Don't think it would be a good idea to use only one left channel or one right channel. It's quite noticeable on some songs.

How much of a difference is 7.5 watts from rms going to make?

Edited by DeathByBass

^^^I'm no expert on ohm loads and all that, i just know how to figure them and the basics...but I don't think you can mix the loads on the outputs of the amp. Example, you can't have two of them at 2 ohms, and two at 4 ohms. Not sure if it would fry the amp, or just average out to a total 3 ohm load all around, but I'm pretty sure you can't do that safely. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I think each channel is a independent ohm load

Edited by DeathByBass

I'm no expert on amps, but I don't see why you couldn't do that. All you're doing is messing with the equivalent resistance of the speakers.

EDIT: Are you talking about like 4 ohms on one channel, and two ohms on another channel? If so, I'm pretty sure, like DeathByBass said, each channel is independent

Edited by LZTYBRN