20blackblazer00 Posted March 21, 2011 Report Posted March 21, 2011 Ok I'm buying a 18" fi btl sub with me next check. But i was wondering if a AQ2200 amp would be fine powering it? And also I need a new head unit any suggestions? Oh and also one more thing when I order the sub it says ohm duel 1 or duel 2 what one would I choose?
Guest Posted March 21, 2011 Report Posted March 21, 2011 im going to be completely honest here man. you are absolutely not ready for a multi kilowatt stereo system if you have to ask what voice coils you have to order.
wizart383 Posted March 21, 2011 Report Posted March 21, 2011 what final ohm load do you want? A dual 1 ohm can be wired to .5ohm or 2 ohm. dual 2 ohm can be wired to 1ohm or 4 ohms you can also google subwoofer wirnig wizard calculator..
20blackblazer00 Posted March 21, 2011 Author Report Posted March 21, 2011 im going to be completely honest here man. you are absolutely not ready for a multi kilowatt stereo system if you have to ask what voice coils you have to order. My bad I havnt been around subs forever all I did was ask a question because im trying to learn.
Guest Posted March 21, 2011 Report Posted March 21, 2011 My bad I havnt been around subs forever all I did was ask a question because im trying to learn. its cool man. i just really do not want to see a new guy jump into the bigger leagues without any prior experience. it is extremely easy to screw something up. once you start out small you can learn from mistakes and apply those fixes to your future systems.
20blackblazer00 Posted March 21, 2011 Author Report Posted March 21, 2011 Well I have had lots of subs and I used to have 2 12" rockford immortals but i never remember picking 1 or 2 ohms =/
Guest Posted March 21, 2011 Report Posted March 21, 2011 Well I have had lots of subs and I used to have 2 12" rockford immortals but i never remember picking 1 or 2 ohms =/ ah well ok. i figured you didnt have much experience because you were asking if a ~2000w amplifier can power a 2000w subwoofer well.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.