Damn he's lucky to have gotten in combat medic, reason I say that is because theres a ton of people that try to get into that. And honestly it's worth it if you goto an department that isnt volunteer you can make so much more money from doing what you're passion is.

Damn he's lucky to have gotten in combat medic, reason I say that is because theres a ton of people that try to get into that. And honestly it's worth it if you goto an department that isnt volunteer you can make so much more money from doing what you're passion is.

Definitely. There's not many around here, seeing as it's mostly rural, aside from the bigger "cities".

POTATO!

That is a good point, there ain't much non volunteer around here and I work in a city lol. But I drive 20 minutes to my house and I'm in my good ol country area and there's nothing but volunteer and there all getting shut down due to the lack of calls.

Definitely not going on here. The only one that I can think of that would come close would be Norton Branch, they're a little 2-engine FD that also works with a nearby county. We have mutual aid agreements with them, but they're rarely out and about at all. Our department does a lot more, mutual aid (as seen) EMS assist, and we've also done a couple of LZ's for accidents, as well as one car in water this year, a week before I joined.

POTATO!