Sonic Electronix

2 RF T2D212's Enclosure Questions PLZ shed some light

Hey guys,

First off a lil about myself since I'm new here...I'm Ryan pleased to meet all of you Guru's around here. I've always been TRUE BLUE Rockford Fosgate since my first stereo addition purchase when I was 16. I am in the middle of a build on my 2006 TrailBlazer SS. I am going to just completely use the whole back end of the vehicle from the 2nd row of seats back. I have 2 thoughts in my head on an enclosure

1. Invert Mount the T2's on top of the box and put a port against the lift-gate (LH & RH sides)

2. Down-fire the subs inside of the box, and put a port against the lift-gate (top or bottom)

My big question is, I would like to use option 2, and have the "face" of the box you see have a plexi window in it. However I am uncertain if I need to have independent chambers or if they can share an open cavity & port. I know I have seen someone's build in the back of a Tahoe I believe that use 3 in an open chamber setup with a long port across the bottom. However I have hunted for the last week with no luck in finding the thread. I have downloaded Google Sketch Up and been playing around with it here, & there...However still high on the noob factor with it! LOL Which irritates the crap out of me, because I consider myself a technologically oriented person.

I have worked with FG before, I have plenty of 1", 3/4", 1/2", & 1/4" MDF to use.

The enclosure I was looked at doing was basically around 14" H x 48" W x 17" D with a Kinetik Power Cell on each side for the system (complete build not just the subs). With an Amp Rack facing forward to see when the 2nd Row seats are flipped forward. Please ANY of you guys feel free to help me out with some constructive criticism or insight on this.

THANKS!!!!!!

Ryan

Archived